Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua has a chance to make history this weekend.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
    Kind of had an easy path. This era of HWs is very weak. Those greats had to earn it
    Joshua had to win the belts one by one. That's the hard path. Much easier to just upset the unified champ to become the unified champ yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Joshua had to win the belts one by one. That's the hard path. Much easier to just upset the unified champ to become the unified champ yourself.
      Yeah youre right. I forgot who the champs were. He had some ATGs to get through. Hope he survives Saturday. Ruiz the juggernaut.

Comment

Yeah youre right. I forgot who the champs were. He had some ATGs to get through. Hope he survives Saturday. Ruiz the juggernaut.
        Usually the guy that gets through the others ends up being thought of as the ATG. So you don't need to go through ATGs to unify the belts to be thought of as an ATG. Unifying the belts is what made you great. If the others were great, they would have beat you.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Usually the guy that gets through the others ends up being thought of as the ATG. So you don't need to go through ATGs to unify the belts to be thought of as an ATG. Unifying the belts is what made you great. If the others were great, they would have beat you.
          Theres good champions and great champions. You have to beat great Champions to be GREAT. Can you imagine Wilder unifying. Wilder the Great. This a Golden Era we are witnessing. What a time to be alive!!

lets just hope AJ makes it out in one peace. He's in my thoughts and prayers

Comment

Theres good champions and great champions. You have to beat great Champions to be GREAT. Can you imagine Wilder unifying. Wilder the Great. This a Golden Era we are witnessing. What a time to be alive!!

It will be a huge blemish on Wilder's legacy if he never unifies at least two of the four titles. The 5 year reign, even if it ends up being a 7 or 8 year reign, will be very historically significant. But he'll end up like Larry Holmes. Long reign, but never the credibility that comes from unifying.

Comment

What you say makes no sense. AJ has never been the unified heavyweight champion even once. Wilder has always had the WBC world title and still does. The winner of the AJ vs Ruiz fight can become the unified champion only after they also defeat the WBC champion be it Wilder or Fury. Until one man owns all the heavyweight title belts there is no undisputed , unified heavyweight champion.

Comment

Golden Era? What a time to be alive? Because of a few average heavyweights? You are getting carried away. Most don't think any heavyweight fighting today is great. Good maybe but not great. They have all looked flawed in different fights. Wilder can punch extremely hard but he is a terrible boxer. Fury can box but he can't punch that hard or take a punch that well. AJ and Ruiz are not great either.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Golden Era? What a time to be alive? Because of a few average heavyweights? You are getting carried away. Most don't think any heavyweight fighting today is great. Good maybe but not great. They have all looked flawed in different fights. Wilder can punch extremely hard but he is a terrible boxer. Fury can box but he can't punch that hard or take a punch that well. AJ and Ruiz are not great either.
                  Lmao I was being sarcastic bro. I feel exaclty like you

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    Tyson Fury is the king of division until somebody beats him.
                    Fury was king a long time ago when he beat Wlad. Then he left boxing for three years and lost his crown. You can leave for 3 years and stay champ in the real world. Maybe he should have got the win over Wilder but officially it was a draw. Fury is now champion of nothing and nobody has to beat him to be the unified champion unless he beats a champion and gets the official win.

Comment

Yeah, and he should get knocked out again by another fighter and then beat him in the rematch so he can be a three-time multiple champion! What a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                      X