Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly Ty, Imam, KO 9-12

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Picks overwhelmingly in favour of Ramirez so far, despite having no really significant wins... is this a comment on Ramirez' quality, I wonder or a damning indictment of Imam?
      Imam's got skills but the Grenados loss has people questioning his heart.

Comment

Blakbread904, imam, decision, wide

Comment

will be honest, ive never heard of either these guys and never seen them fight. will go for the clear bookies favourite- dramashow, ramirez, decision, wide

Comment

B phontain Ramirez ud wide

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Picks overwhelmingly in favour of Ramirez so far, despite having no really significant wins... is this a comment on Ramirez' quality, I wonder or a damning indictment of Imam?
              I don't think a lot have seen these guys and are going off records and what they heard of Imam loss.If that fight had never happened I would pick Imam ALL DAY.The kids got skills to pay the bills but folded when he stepped up.Was it a fluke?Was he sick?Sooo many unanswered ?s with BOTH really.Its just that Ramirez has not shown us YET that he could break in a tough fight.Really tough pick after this fight we will know ALOT more on both(unless its a 1strder)

Comment

bruh you should do for the undercard fights too this time.... imo too good of a chance to pass up as they are mostly toss ups except the light heavys

Comment

I got Imam ko 5-8
                  Verdejo comeback from behind ko round 11
                  and oleksandr by ko 1-4

Comment

RBR & Poll thread:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=775737

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      bruh you should do for the undercard fights too this time.... imo too good of a chance to pass up as they are mostly toss ups except the light heavys
                      it's a tough call, I think we've just continued with Bob's tradition of only title fights or other 'big' events, for one to keep down the workload, but also to try to be more inclusive - picking up fights too far down the pay grade might turn away the less obsessive of the forum members.

Myself I'd be more than happy to throw in the odd smaller fight on quiet weeks - maybe even some regional match-ups from Europe or the Far East, just to encourage folk to broaden their knowledge base a little. And you're right that any of the 10 rounders tomorrow have great potential, though we chose not to do Gvozdyk vs Amar because it was just too big of a mismatch.

It's probably too late now to reasonably add another fight to the pick 'em for this weekend, but if enough people show an interest in doing some 10 rounders it's certainly something that we can consider going forward. Far as I'm concerned I wouldn't really want to do more than 2 fights in a weekend, but doing smaller fights on quiet weeks is cool, especially if they promise to be more competitive than some of the mismatches we see at title level.

EDIT: And on a lighter note,and talking about smaller fights I have to be wondering who else picked up on some of the pugilists fighting at the FLOYD MAYWEATHER BOXING ACADEMY, in Zhukovka, Russia. It's neither clever nor big to laugh at the vagueries of transliteration, but I'm going to anyway. Here's to you Alexander SaltyKov, and Vaginak Tamrazyan.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-16-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X