No announcement yet.

San Francisco compared to some of the dirtiest slums in the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
    No doubt, San Francisco attracts people who behave in an abhorrent way and try to treat it all like Haight-Ashbury in the 60s to excuse their behavior.

That's the main problem, I have been to SF before but I spent a few years growing up in Portland so I know what you are saying. Same problem. These places attract homeless people, and a good portion of homeless people are mentally ill, or addicted to drugs with easy access to them in the city, which spirals out of control. I just disagree on the whole "worse then a third world country" thing, and not enough is done to make progress on the problem instead it's keeping them out of the nice areas which is the priority.
    The West Coast attracts a lot of people who arrive without money or a plan and end up in the gutter. Vancouver has the same problem in the downtown east-side. It's a complete freak-show 24/7.

And yet it's a beautiful city and rated as one of the best to live in in the world. But like San Fransisco it has become brutally unaffordable even for people who are well educated and make decent money.
    Last edited by jaded; 02-21-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

LOL @ this thread. If you want to see a real dump go to Oakland.

Comment

Working...
      X