No announcement yet.

Andre Ward salty assphook with Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    Bro...the Super 6 was entirely in his backyard...why did Kessler, the number 1 seed, have to come fight Ward in Oakland CA lol...I mean it's just a lot of shady sh.it like that with Ward.

The dude was a tough smart fighter in there...I don't take that away from him...but yeah I mean if you don't agree that he was protected, I mean come on man.

Fighting all of his fights at home...most of them in his literal backyard...never travelling, always needing some sort of judging or reffing help to get over the line (besides the Froch fight which was still like 7-5)...I mean not every one of your guys is going to be a stud man lol.

The Ward worship from some people is just sad really...people can't keep it real on fighters to save their life...always about hyping guys from their crew and slighting everyone else.

If Ward was Mexican and had the type of career he had, fighting always at home, getting some shady/questionable decisions/some help...you would call him a Grade A Bum!!

Sad that 95% of the posters on here are so consumed by race that it is all they see with fighters.
    name 3 shady decisions he got in his career...the man had 2 close fights.....with froch and kovalev 1

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
      the super six is the most overrated tourny ever. Everyone said that division was trash because Calzaghe was the king. As soon as Ward wins, suddenly 168 was murderers row. Thats revisionist history. Dude never fought anyone outside his country. And most feel he lost to Kovalev.
      How was the Super Six overrated? It had every elite super middleweight in it except Lucian Bute and Joe Calzaghe was basically done at that point. Besides that, it was a round robin format so everyone fought each other and no one received the benefit of advancing due to a favorable matchup.

I will give you the first Kovalev matchup (I had it 114-113 Kovalev but it was close enough to go either way).

As for Bute, he had his shot at the elite against Carl Froch and Froch destroyed him. If Bute had won, then I imagine that Ward-Bute might have happened. The fight would have definitely happened if Bute had been in the Super Six because it was a round robin format.

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
        How was the Super Six overrated? It had every elite super middleweight in it except Lucian Bute and Joe Calzaghe was basically done at that point. Besides that, it was a round robin format so everyone fought each other and no one received the benefit of advancing due to a favorable matchup.

I will give you the first Kovalev matchup (I had it 114-113 Kovalev but it was close enough to go either way).

As for Bute, he had his shot at the elite against Carl Froch and Froch destroyed him. If Bute had won, then I imagine that Ward-Bute might have happened. The fight would have definitely happened if Bute had been in the Super Six because it was a round robin format.
        because ward won it and they have something against the guy, had it been a guy they rooted for it would have been the best thing since sliced bread

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          he was protected fighting a world champion with like 19 fights and others back to back....OK....were any of the fights close? not really exccept the froch fight

revisionist history at its best

"my guys" i have no guy....you just simply have an agenda, if you dont like the guy cool...doesnt change the fact he fought the best at 168 and had the best resume of his era there

no one even brought up race...im not going there
          Nah man I just call it like I see it with fighters...I don't have to overrate every guy that shares my characteristics...sometimes I think they suck and I let that be known.

I mean look at who supports which fighters man...it's obviously almost always about race...to pretend otherwise is foolish.

Yes a lot of Ward's fights were close and/or controversial...the only clear win, 7-5 for Ward, I had for him was against Froch.

If he fought Kessler, Kov 1, Kov 2, Bika and Barrera in neutral locations...he probably has a draw or two, a dQ or two, a loss or two, and a win or two.... a best case scenario - something like 2 wins, a draw, a loss and a DQ....that's not exceptional to me.

If he wasn't from the US and didn't fight all his fights at home, he wouldn't be considered a great fighter...if you can honestly look at what he did vs guys like Bika Barrera and say he dominated...I mean what are people really doing...just all about ego I guess.

People can see what they need to see I suppose

Comment

Why did Ward say the winner of the Super 6 should fight Bute...and then when Ward won, he said Bute needed to fight someone else before he fought Ward?

And anyone saying the Kov-Ward 1 fight was really a close fight...disgusting.

Comment

bingo bute was the only left out and froch a guy that ward beat aired him out so talking about ducking Bute was a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                Why did Ward say the winner of the Super 6 should fight Bute...and then when Ward won, he said Bute needed to fight someone else before he fought Ward?

And anyone saying the Kov-Ward 1 fight was really a close fight...disgusting.
                did you even watch the full fight let alone score it? card scores please

if youre biased the scores will show

Comment

because ward won it and they have something against the guy, had it been a guy they rooted for it would have been the best thing since sliced bread
                  He probably meant overrated as far as the opposition involved...and also the manner in which Ward won...I had him comfortably ahead of Kessler but the headbutts etc mar that victory.

Then he UDs Allan Green...has a very tough close fight with Bika that judges say he won 11-1...and UDs Arthur Abraham...and beats Froch like 7-5.

It's not hating to not be overly impressed with all of that...especially since he fought everything at home.

If Froch had a similar run like that at home, I would roll my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    bute lost to carl froch. he developed a head of steam in the minds of foreigners who resented andre ward's successes. want to tell me who he was beating at the time? can you not see how horribly you overrated the guy after carl froch, a fighter who hardly won two rounds against ward, beat him up?

the guy wasn't in froch's class. go watch that fight again! and froch was not in ward's! froch didn't even want a ward rematch. he said so! and nobody called for it because of the huge gap in class between the two.

sheesh, it's like you guys didn't watch boxing at the time but instead just visited boxingscene and trusted in NSB.
                    Syles make fights. Bute was a very good awkward southpaw with a high work rate. A stylistic nightmare for Ward and he knew it which is exactly why it was always duck season whenever Bute's name was brought up.

Comment

did you even watch the full fight let alone score it? card scores please

if youre biased the scores will show
                      Of course I did...and when the bell rang, I said 'let the best man win'.

I felt bad for Ward that in his big moment fight...he was getting his ass kicked at the beginning of the fight...I had it 5-1 through 6...and Kov was closer to being up 6-0 than 4-2.

Then over the last 6 rounds, they were scrappy rounds...not a whole lot in them...the clearest one of the last 6 was number 10 to Kovalev...Ward's best round of the entire fight imho was number 12, which still wasn't very clear.

I gave Ward 4 rounds live...and felt that was very charitable...he got beat up the first 6 and the last 6 were even...anything more than 4-2 either way in the last 6 is a joke...giving Ward more than 1 round in the first 6 is also a bit of a joke.

There aren't 7 rounds to give to him...he lost, clearly...it is what it is...why people want to have revisionist history about that fight...I mean it's disgusting.

My card, if memory serves me...Kov 1,2,3,4,6,8,10,11
                      Ward..5,7,9,12

Comment

Working...
                      X