Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather(2001) vs Vasyl Lomachenko (2018) at 130 who wins and why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd beats the dog **** out of Loma.

Let's be clear on this. There isnt a boxer in the HISTORY of the sport that beats Floyd at 130 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
      That would be a great fight!

I’m my opinion, that was Floyd at his best overall since he had good offense then too. However I think he was not great at offense but smarter and better defensively when he was older. Basically I see the fight going like this:

Lomachenko wins the first two rounds while Floyd sort of feels out the fight. Floyd then comes on strong in the mid rounds and wins most of them, hurting and maybe dropping Loma in the process... Loma then finds a counter in the eight round and gets Floyd with a body shot KO.
      Interesting take. I actually think Loma would have a better chance early in the fight because Floyd normally takes over down the stretch. I think Loma's best chance would be to overwhelm Floyd early, before he can get his timing down.

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
        That would be a great fight!

I’m my opinion, that was Floyd at his best overall since he had good offense then too. However I think he was not great at offense but smarter and better defensively when he was older. Basically I see the fight going like this:

Lomachenko wins the first two rounds while Floyd sort of feels out the fight. Floyd then comes on strong in the mid rounds and wins most of them, hurting and maybe dropping Loma in the process... Loma then finds a counter in the eight round and gets Floyd with a body shot KO.
        so lil loma stops him with a body shot when he hasnt been dropped by body shots from the likes of Canelo, Cotto, Castillo, Hatton, Mosely.....as high as 154, cant say i see that at all

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
          Great question. I do my best to be objective and informative so the first thing I did was go on Boxrec to compare height and reach:

Floyd: 5'8" with 72" reach
          Loma: 5'7" with 65.5" reach

Right off the bat we see that Floyd has a 1" height and 6.5" reach advantage. The height isn't really a big deal but the reach certainly is, which makes sense considering that Floyd ultimately topped out at junior middleweight while Loma is already pushing it by fighting at lightweight.

Before automatically ruling out Loma's chances of winning, I checked his record to see if he has faced anyone with similar dimensions. I found three such opponents:

1. Luke Campbell: 5'9" 71" reach
          2. Jose Pedraza: 5'8" 70.5" reach
          3. Nicholas Walters: 5'7" 73" reach

Loma won by UD against Campbell and Pedraza and he famously made Walters quit. Campbell and Pedraza were fundamentally sound guys who had their moments but they are nowhere near Mayweather in terms of speed and athleticism. Walters was expected to pose a threat and Loma annihilated him, however Walters is not the defensive genius that Floyd is

Next, I checked Floyd's record to see how he fared against guys with similar dimensions to Loma and again I found three opponents:

1. Jesus Chavez: 5'5" 65" reach
          2. Carlos Hernandez 5'6" 66" reach
          3. Emmanuel Augustus 5'7" 68" reach

Floyd stopped Chavez and Augustus and won a competitive decision against Hernandez. Chavez and Hernandez were brawlers while Augustus was similar to Loma as far as being unorthodox. Augustus wasn't as athletic as Loma but he often stalked and attacked with his hands down in the same manner.
          Interestingly enough, Floyd has said on record that Augustus was one of his toughest opponents.

As for the fight itself, I believe that Mayweather-Loma would look a lot like Mayweather-Augustus. Loma would have to close the distance to negate Floyd's reach advantage, however I could see him paying the price for doing so like Augustus did. Against Walters, Loma looked like a puzzle that's nearly impossible to solve, however I believe that Mayweather would catch Loma coming in instead of covering up like Walters did. If Loma did happen to jump out to a lead, I could see Floyd pushing Loma back behind a high guard and going to the body to slow down his movement.

Lastly, Loma acknowledged that Terrence Crawford would be too big and Floyd is basically the same size as Bud (with a slightly shorter reach). That tells me that Floyd would be too tall, too rangy, and too powerful at 130.

My official pick would be Mayweather by late stoppage in a high-speed chess match that gradually turns in Floyd's favor in the middle rounds.
          great assessment

Comment

surprised to see so many floyd by stoppage predictions

its nice to see people acknowledge young floyd was an absolute beast

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
              Interesting take. I actually think Loma would have a better chance early in the fight because Floyd normally takes over down the stretch. I think Loma's best chance would be to overwhelm Floyd early, before he can get his timing down.
              only thing is i dont think Loma has the power to stop him let alone make him respect it.....i think loma does well early but mid rounds he starts to bust Loma up

at this point in his career only time he was hurt was hitting carlos hernandez on the top of the head

I dont see any lightweight or small stopping floyd when a past prime floyd barely got hurt by large welters and junior middleweights

Comment

NOBODY comes close to beat PBF at 130 . He stops loma at 130 . easy work .

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  should be interesting, who wins and why...
                  - -Nobody.

Takes two to tango, and Sissyboy rather duck and run.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather is the greatest 130lb fighter ever. He'd be too much for Lomachenko, as he'd be too much for any fighter at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      only thing is i dont think Loma has the power to stop him let alone make him respect it.....i think loma does well early but mid rounds he starts to bust Loma up

at this point in his career only time he was hurt was hitting carlos hernandez on the top of the head

I dont see any lightweight or small stopping floyd when a past prime floyd barely got hurt by large welters and junior middleweights
                      Yeah I agree, I was just responding to the post where somebody predicted that Loma would win by stoppage in the 8th round. I've always thought that anyone who stops Floyd would have a better chance of doing it early, before he has a chance to start timing them. I think Loma would have no choice but to be aggressive because I couldn't see him overcoming the difference in reach by boxing from distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X