No announcement yet.

Nsb pick em 2019 winners and prizes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nsb pick em 2019 winners and prizes

So. There we have it Gentlemen. The 2019 PICK EM is finally wrapped up and we have our winners. The full results table can be found on the OP of the pinned 2019 Pick Em masterthread.

In first place, Baltimore with 2720 pts and also a chart topping 81% hit rate. More impressively still he established an effectively unbridgeable gap between himself and the rest of the pack despite missing out on 3 of the 86 possible Picks he could have made this year.

Except for a brief slump in the pre-summer period Baltimore has been close to or atop the rankings and from August onwards it started to become clear that barring some freak accident (which I did give a little thought to arranging at one point) he would go on to become this years eventual winner with only an impressive late run by ruedboy providing any kind of challenge.

Baltimore takes home this years 1st Prize of $300 courtesy of the 'Scene and on top of that another 20k points for having the highest Correct % of the 2019 season. Exceptional playing man, and i can only hope you'll join us next year, although perhaps I'll be thinking about some kinda handicap system, cos man... when you're on form it ain't even fair...

Second place this year is ruedboy and like Baltimore he's never been far from the top few places and in the second half has been the only player to even get within shouting range of the winner. Quite aside from his overall score ruedboy also manged an incredible streak of 22 successive correct picks, which given the nature of the sport and the inevitable random ish and upsets we get ain't a record I can see being broken any time soon. That nets you 20k points my man. Ruedboy also scored the greatest number of total correct picks of any player (69) partly simply by dint of being one of only a handful of players who played in every possible Pick Em this year. Damn, man, I pretty much ran the thing and I still missed a couple! That's another 20k right there.

For second place ruedboy wins $150 courtesy of the 'Scene. Congratulations man, been an exceptional performance this year.

Third place and $50 goes to Chrismart who despite a slightly slower start to the year than our other winners has nailed it in the second half with consistent, solid picking - especially in the last 2 months pulling him just a nose ahead of the following pack. Well done man!

Other honourable mentions and Points prizes go to koolkc and Idunnoshet (once again proving he knows his shet plenty) for compiling the most perfect (result, method and detail) correct picks with 22 each - though investigations are now underway into the possible use of supernatural assistance Kudos gents. 10K points each coming your way.

And that, I think, just about wraps it up for the year. Once again I'd like to say both for myself and for the rest of the CREW this year - NC, otrocubiche and assistance from Cauliflower Ears and HeadBodyx3 - just what a pleasure it's been doing this ish and gettin gto know you all just a bit better and hopefully having some fun along the way.

Here's wishing you all a fantastic New Year and hoping you all be able to join us for the 2020 season kicking off in just a coupla short weeks

Kind Regards

Koba and the CREW

Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 12-30-2019, 08:22 PM.

congrats to the winners..what is pick em exactly?? picking the winner of fights?

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
      congrats to the winners..what is pick em exactly?? picking the winner of fights?
      Yeah, kinda a year long prediction league. We roll out a thread most weeks with a few of the top fights - usually most title fights and bouts between top 10 TBRB guys, but not exclusively. You'll see 'em stickied at the top of the front page. Simply a matter of picking the winner, the method (KO or DEC) and detail (CLOSE or WIDE for decisions, EARLY, MID or LATE for KOs). Free to join in, no obligation to play every week and until now just for fun and bragging rights though the introduction of prizes is probably gonna add a new dimension for 2020.

Everyone's welcome to join in and the first game of the new season will probably be on the 11th - Jesse Hart vs Joe Smith Jr and maybe Jaime Munguia vs Spike O'Sullivan though that one's slightly lower calibre fight than we'd usually throw in.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 12-30-2019, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by koba-grozny View Post
        yeah, kinda a year long prediction league. We roll out a thread most weeks with a few of the top fights - usually most title fights and bouts between top 10 tbrb guys, but not exclusively. You'll see 'em stickied at the top of the front page. Simply a matter of picking the winner, the method (ko or dec) and detail (close or wide for decisions, early, mid or late for kos). Free to join in, no obligation to play every week and until now just for fun and bragging rights though the introduction of prizes is probably gonna add a new dimension for 2020.

Everyone's welcome to join in and the first game of the new season will probably be on the 11th - jesse hart vs joe smith jr and maybe jaime munguia vs spike o'sullivan though that one's slightly lower calibre fight than we'd usually throw in.
        bet.................

Comment

bet.................
          Be good to have you with us, man.

Comment

gonna bump for the further glory of this years winners

Comment

Congrats to Baltimore for the top spot
              And congrats to all 0layers for another fun year of pick’ems

Comment

Congrats. I love what you guys did with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  gonna bump for the further glory of this years winners
                  Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  Congrats to Baltimore for the top spot
                  And congrats to all 0layers for another fun year of pick’ems
                  Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Congrats. I love what you guys did with this.
                  Thanks Fellas!

And yeah Larry you (and anyone who hasn’t) should get in on the contest in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
                    Thanks Fellas!

And yeah Larry you (and anyone who hasn’t) should get in on the contest in 2020.
                    My pleasure
                    Seemed like every time you stepped up to the plate you were knocking them out of the park
                    Well done brother

Comment

Working...
                    X