Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Card Carrying Dirrell fan. Despite the hate i will get from this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card Carrying Dirrell fan. Despite the hate i will get from this.

First off i would like to officially apologize to Arthur Abraham for severly underestimating him. He has put on the weight well and made a hell of a statement. Good Job.

Secondly, I have to say after last night despite the Split decision loss. I have a new found respect for Dirrell. I will agree that im not excited by his overly evasive style BUT when he planted up he won the exchanges, also he had to do what he had to do to win.

Unlike most fans i will give my reasons why im looking forward to watching him:
    1. He handled the hostile crowd much better than i imagined he would
    2. He is only 26
    3. His speed was world class, even froch fans cant deny that.
    4. He hurt Froch. I dont remember the round but Froch WAS hurt, the announcers and the crowd both noticed it.
    5. His amateur career shined. He was not over classed by any means.

Now things he needs to work on:
    1. Holding (obvious)
    2. When he moves off the ropes he needs to stop with the high hands. Abraham will kill him if he doesnt break that habit.
    3. He needs to let those quick hands go more. When he did with Froch he was more effective than pot shotting.
    4. He needs to let the ref do his job and not complain. The ONLY clean shots froch landed where coming out of a clean break.

Yes i am an american fan. tell me im biased. I am not here to argue or call each other names. I made this thread saying how i am now a card carrying Dirrell fan and to hear GOOD opinions. Whether they side with me or not
    Last edited by MidnightSpecial; 10-18-2009, 03:55 PM.

Although I thought the decision was fair, it was obvious Dirrell has more boxing ability than Froch.

With a wiser game plan, he would have convincingly won last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
      Although I thought the decision was fair, it was obvious Dirrell has more boxing ability than Froch.

With a wiser game plan, he would have convincingly won last night.
      I still believe he won the fight because i thought boxing was decided on clean effective punching. i was watching with butterflies in my stomach because i thought Froch had the power to end the fight with one punch. He never landed a punch that made me go oh ****. I dont know how you can win a fight when you dont land clean and effective punches.

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
        First off i would like to officially apologize to Arthur Abraham for severly underestimating him. He has put on the weight well and made a hell of a statement. Good Job.

Secondly, I have to say after last night despite the Split decision loss. I have a new found respect for Dirrell. I will agree that im not excited by his overly evasive style BUT when he planted up he won the exchanges, also he had to do what he had to do to win.

Unlike most fans i will give my reasons why im looking forward to watching him:
        1. He handled the hostile crowd much better than i imagined he would
        2. He is only 26
        3. His speed was world class, even froch fans cant deny that.
        4. He hurt Froch. I dont remember the round but Froch WAS hurt, the announcers and the crowd both noticed it.
        5. His amateur career shined. He was not over classed by any means.

Now things he needs to work on:
        1. Holding (obvious)
        2. When he moves off the ropes he needs to stop with the high hands. Abraham will kill him if he doesnt break that habit.
        3. He needs to let those quick hands go more. When he did with Froch he was more effective than pot shotting.
        4. He needs to let the ref do his job and not complain. The ONLY clean shots froch landed where coming out of a clean break.

Yes i am an american fan. tell me im biased. I am not here to argue or call each other names. I made this thread saying how i am now a card carrying Dirrell fan and to hear GOOD opinions. Whether they side with me or not
        dirrell also needs to stop switching to southpaw... he didn't throw any hardly any left-hands. he was more successful against froch as a an orthodox boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          dirrell also needs to stop switching to southpaw... he didn't throw any hardly any left-hands. he was more successful against froch as a an orthodox boxer.
          yeah i will agree it definently broke his rhythm up a bit and didnt faze froch much. i think with AA who is a much better fighter than Froch will capitalize on Dirrell switching stances if he keeps it up.

Comment

i was supporting Froch and i had Dirrel winning by 1 point (after the deduction) even though i absolutley DESPISED the way he "fought".

But I can see the potential, i'll hold my hands up like i said i would he's got a lot more talent than i thought. He needs more confidence in his reflexes, they were razor sharp and he made Froch miss even when he wasnt running. The very very few times there were exchanges he won them. If he stands in the pocket more often and slips punches whilst getting of his own shots with his fast hands he'll will rounds more clearly.

Also, he has a bit of pop on him - not huge power by any means but more than i thought.

Theres a lot of bs on the forum today about it being boxing bla bla, what he did for about 9 rounds WASNT boxing, it was running. What mayweather does is completley different to what Dirrel did last night. But the potential is there. Its up to him whether he uses it or not.

Edit - all that clinching and bitching to the ref did my head in as well
            Last edited by gingeralbino; 10-18-2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
              yeah i will agree it definently broke his rhythm up a bit and didnt faze froch much. i think with AA who is a much better fighter than Froch will capitalize on Dirrell switching stances if he keeps it up.
              i don't mind if he goes southpaw... but he's got to do something with it... otherwise its a useless tactic.

Comment

Working...
              X