Do you consider civilians carrying firearms being

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geze View Post
    If you are an American then this apply to you.........The Second Amendment
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Some people are just holding their right to bear arms.

Although I can see on your post that you are actually against it by saying those who are PRO guns are NUTS
    You're right. I think giving every person above the age of 18 the right to carry a firearm i bound to go wrong. For me, life is sacred and taking a life by the squeeze of a trigger is just too easy.. The example I used with the crackhead, you hear the sound of broken glass and fear dictates that you would pick up the shotgun and curiosity dictates you go to see what's what. The smart thing could be to stay put and dial 911 you know..

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
      You're right. I think giving every person above the age of 18 the right to carry a firearm i bound to go wrong. For me, life is sacred and taking a life by the squeeze of a trigger is just too easy.. The example I used with the crackhead, you hear the sound of broken glass and fear dictates that you would pick up the shotgun and curiosity dictates you go to see what's what. The smart thing could be to stay put and dial 911 you know..

18 to own a shotgun.... no one is going to walk around with a shotgun unless they want to go to prison.

21 to own a handgun... even then there is a waiting period before you even get your hands on it.

There is nothing wrong with guns. If your intimidated by them then whatever but there isn't anything wrong with firearms. Firearms don't jump up and pull the trigger themselves. People do. So your problem has to be directed at what kind of people are buying firearms and what kind of requirements should be made before allowed to buy firearms.

Also, the smart thing to do is call 911 and then take your firearm, gather your family(if you have one) and wait. Just calling 911 and waiting can get you killed.... ala Sean Taylor.

Comment

if everyone's carrying a gun, no one will **** with no one
        This is not true.

Conventional wisdom is that an armed society is a polite society.
        This is not conventional wisdom. It is the "wisdom" of a certain demographic which has fantasies of blasting the bad guys and being hero.

Crime rates are highest in the U.S in the cities that have disarmed law abiding citizens like L.A, N.Y and Chicago.
        They are also densely populated urban centres with the very poorest living close to the median income. That's why crime is high there.

Thats possible, but not likely. Most criminals are looking for a soft target.

Most likely they would move on to find a less threating target. They're opportunists.
        And yet you advocate that everybody should carry weapons. In which case who are the soft targets?

Fact is that in America the majority of gun deaths are suicides and the majority of gun crime is perpetrated in urban centres by street gangs against street gangs. In other words people armed with guns are shooting other people who are also armed with guns.

Statistically the average citizen has little to fear that owning a weapon will make you significantly safer from. In fact owning a firearm can make you a target because a firearm is a valuable commodity to the criminal element.

Essentially in those (more rural) regions that gun ownership is relaxed you don't need a gun, and in the urban centres where you might need a gun you're unlikely to be a target unless you already have a gun.

Comment

Working...
        X