No announcement yet.

Ivory trade pushing elephants toward extinction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivory trade pushing elephants toward extinction

'The Ivory Game': Exposing the illegal trade pushing elephants to extinction

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/03/af...inkId=30666750

(CNN) An elephant is killed every 15 minutes.

That's the blunt statistic closing "The Ivory Game," Netflix's latest foray into original documentary. Directed by Richard Ladkani and Kief Davidson, and executive produced by Leonardo DiCaprio, the figure makes for a brutal full stop to their breakneck exposé of the global ivory trade.

It's also a statistic that puts the African elephant on course for extinction. By Ladkani and Davidson's calculation, 35,000 are being killed a year. In August, the Great Elephant Census revealed it had found just 352,271 animals in the countries it had surveyed.

Thriving on corruption, subterfuge and greed, the ivory trade is not just an African problem. Sprawling and nebulous, its complex web connects Zambian poachers and basement dealers in Hong Kong, Kenyan reserves and Vietnamese carving factories. Never far from the surface is the presence of organized crime.

blame the chinese and vietnamese people.

you can actually make everybody happy by following that onewhite guy who is raising rhinos to sell their tusks specifically but instead of killing the rhinos, they just incapacitate them with a tranquilizers and cut off their tusks which will grow back.

instead chinese and vietnamese rely on poachers who shoot these animals in the face and leave them in excruciating pain before they die.

DISGUSTING.

This is why africa is sometimes called uncivilized, subhuman mongrels,

there is a workable solution to this,

A HIGHLY WORKABLE PROFITABLE SOLUTION,

where not only do you get your tusks, but you also save the animal in the process...WHILE CREATING A HIGHLY PROFITABLE INDUSTRY where you can create jobs raising, taking care of rhinos and collecting their tusks.

These people dont have vision,
    They look for the easy money and poach their natural resource to extinction instead of finding a workable, renewable solution what will not only save the animals, but create a profitable industry for all.....

im gonna log off.

the sheer stupidity of the african continent p*sses me off......

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
      blame the chinese and vietnamese people.

you can actually make everybody happy by following that onewhite guy who is raising rhinos to sell their tusks specifically but instead of killing the rhinos, they just incapacitate them with a tranquilizers and cut off their tusks which will grow back.

instead chinese and vietnamese rely on poachers who shoot these animals in the face and leave them in excruciating pain before they die.

DISGUSTING.

This is why africa is sometimes called uncivilized, subhuman mongrels,

there is a workable solution to this,

A HIGHLY WORKABLE PROFITABLE SOLUTION,

where not only do you get your tusks, but you also save the animal in the process...WHILE CREATING A HIGHLY PROFITABLE INDUSTRY where you can create jobs raising, taking care of rhinos and collecting their tusks.

These people dont have vision,
      They look for the easy money and poach their natural resource to extinction instead of finding a workable, renewable solution what will not only save the animals, but create a profitable industry for all.....

im gonna log off.

the sheer stupidity of the african continent p*sses me off......

i think real sports with bryant gumble did a story on this and that one white guy who found a workable solution to this problem.....

Comment

If, and only if, I get paid per body. I'd gladly shoot those poachers with my HK 91, .308 round!

Comment

they need to shame those people like they did with the dentist a while back

Comment

Watch this short video (must see):

Comment

Working...
            X