No announcement yet.

Dont expect a "canelo alvarez/mayweather fight" to fix floyds legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAGALAC View Post
    At this point due to all these hatting ass people floyd can beat canelo martinez and whoever else u put in front of him and nobidy will give him credit..... if he beats caneli itll be the excuses that canelo was young and inexperienced and shouldnt have fought him if he beats martinez martinez will have been old and aged over night and the fact hell probably have to go down to 154 people will say floyd drained him and nobody else is even irrelevant. ...lose lose situation for floyd.
    Those are legitimate accusation.

Please stop portraying floyd as a victim it gets old and pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
      how many larry holmes do you know?
      A bit touchy, huh... lol

At the end of the day, I think fans (whether they like or dislike him ) care way more about his legacy than he does. I say that because he seems to be more than satisfied with himself frm his amateur career up until now. I think Floyd understands (just like most of us) that people csn always find ways to polk holes in your accomplishment. It doesnt matter if its him, pac, oscar, bhop, etc. You will always find a legion of people who find ways to dislike something. Its just the nature of the sport. Sadly, its also the nature of real life.

Floyd is a 1st ballot HOF.. He doesn't need Sergio for legacy purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
        agree with everything you said

floyd should probably just retire if he is not gonna fight sergio martinez

but i dont think floyds career is that tainted actually floyd has had a great career cant deny that

canela is a fraud but easy money for floyd doubt he will pass that up

There is a lot of money in these fight, got no beef with that, but im just giving all the deluded floydnatics the heads up that this pointless win doesnt deserve any legacy building name as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
          There is a lot of money in these fight, got no beef with that, but im just giving all the deluded floydnatics the heads up that this pointless win doesnt deserve any legacy building name as of now.
          I actually agree with this. However, there are just as many people claiming Floyd is scared of Canelo and there are just as many people saying Canelo doesnt deserve a shot. So thats where the no-win situation comes into play

For example, if Floyd fought Canelo then retired- We would now have to listen to Robert the Ghost claim that Floyd ducked him. And people would actually buy into it.. lol Just the nature of the beast.

Comment

Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
            I actually agree with this. However, there are just as many people claiming Floyd is scared of Canelo and there are just as many people saying Canelo doesnt deserve a shot. So thats where the no-win situation comes into play

For example, if Floyd fought Canelo then retired- We would now have to listen to Robert the Ghost claim that Floyd ducked him. And people would actually buy into it.. lol Just the nature of the beast.
            I dont see that happening if he fights a 160 martinez though.

Sure it doesnt make as much money as the canelo but that fight counts much much more legacy or boxing history wise.

Comment

floyd desperately needs a baldomir to come along and sweep him off his feet. floyd needs a challenge to get up and fight!

Comment

Floyd will be ring/lineal champ if he unifies with Canelo and that will enhance his legacy as a 4 time lineal champ, tying Pac's record.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  floyd desperately needs a baldomir to come along and sweep him off his feet. floyd needs a challenge to get up and fight!
                  pacquiao post JMM 4 could make that case.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                    Floyd will be ring/lineal champ if he unifies with Canelo and that will enhance his legacy as a 4 time lineal champ, tying Pac's record.
                    LOL. A championship Sergio vacated. the more reason he should fight Martinez.

Comment

Floyd will always be known as the fighter who ducked Manny Pacquaio. End of Story! He can fight who so ever he wants... those casual fans of the sport that only pay attention to the big names will always remember him as that. The non Floyd fans as myself...will as well. I dont care who he fights. I know he will never fight a legit threat...so who gives a shlt! He said it himself!
                      Here is the link Floyd said he wouldnt.... for the confused ones who think Floyd will fight someone like Sergio or Canelo....
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=542020

Comment

Working...
                      X