Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overeem's Manager: Reem has a reasonable explanation.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overeem's Manager: Reem has a reasonable explanation.

Alistair Overeem’s manager Glenn Robinson has made it clear that Overeem and camp are still confident that aftera hearing on April 24, he will be approved to fight for the UFC heavyweight title on May 26th.

“I spoke with Glenn Robinson, manager of Overeem and he says he is very respectful and is hopeful that he will be granted his license and the entire team is very confident that he will be facing Junior dos Santos come May 26th” related Kenny Rice. “Now Robinson wanted to make it very clear that despite other reports, Overeem did not test high for testosterone, but rather his testosterone to epitestosterone was off and he has a reasonable explanation to why that is, which he will present to the commission next Tuesday.”

Most observers believe that “The Reem” will likely file for TRT exemption. According to NSAC executive director, Keith Kizer, that has not taken place, but he did not rule out his eligibility for exemption at this point.

“Kizer confirmed several things. Overeem has applied for a license to fight in the state and he will have the opportunity to present his case to the commission on why he should be granted that license, despite failing his pre-fight drug test. Now, some have speculated that he may use the defense of testosterone replacement therapy or TRT as a defense as we’ve seen several fighters do before. Speaking with Kizer, he has said Overeem has not applied for TRT exemption, but that does not mean he can’t. He has time to do that. As long as he gives the commission’s doctors time to deal with the situation. “
    Cageinsider.com

Hopefully this means the fight will still be on...

Comment

Who would've thought that so many MMA fighters were suffering from chronic testosterone deficiency. Quite the epidemic!

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        Who would've thought that so many MMA fighters were suffering from chronic testosterone deficiency. Quite the epidemic!

Comment

Just let this **** run free. It's absurd that people can get legal exempts, while others get banned for a year.

It should either be heavy penalties among the lines of 3+ years suspension, no TRT allowance, and random testing. Or just let it be legal.

Hopefully Overeem is cleared even if it's ****ing bull****. I want to see the fight.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't TRT for those who have "previously" abused test?

This is what I got out of a thread on Vargas the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
              Correct me if I am wrong but isn't TRT for those who have "previously" abused test?

This is what I got out of a thread on Vargas the other day.
              Not necessarily. There is a possibility to have your testosterone levels legitimately ****ed up without prior abuse.

The % of the population with this kind of struggle does not translate to the large amount of pro-athletes that allegedly have these issues though. I've heard of 1 person IRL that have this that didn't abuse steroids on a daily basis for years.

Comment

YES please. Look I'm all for fairness and anti-cheating, but the sport really needs this fight right now for continuity. If Overeem doesn't fight Santos the division is turned upside down again.

My birthday is on the 24th too so if Overeem is cleared it'll be a nice present

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                  YES please. Look I'm all for fairness and anti-cheating, but the sport really needs this fight right now for continuity. If Overeem doesn't fight Santos the division is turned upside down again.

My birthday is on the 24th too so if Overeem is cleared it'll be a nice present
                  exactly how I feel.

I know reem is in the wrong but I'd rather see this fight than have Reem suspended and there not be a fight.

on paper its easily the juiciest fight mma has ever had in the HW division.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                    exactly how I feel.

I know reem is in the wrong but I'd rather see this fight than have Reem suspended and there not be a fight.

on paper its easily the juiciest fight mma has ever had in the HW division.
                    No pun intended.

Comment

Working...
                    X