No announcement yet.

Sven Ottke - A true legend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sven Ottke - A true legend?

I was about to post this as a response in another thread,but just like my Marvin Hagler question

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=300533

I felt this question really needed a thread of it's own.

Sven Ottke was a decorated amatuer fighter -

Amateur Record: 256-47-5
    East Germany Middleweight Champion (1985-1989)
    German National Middleweight Champion (1990-1991, 1995-1996)
    German National Light Heavyweight Champion (1992-1993)
    Three time Olympian

Holds wins over Antonio Tarver, Chris Byrd, Michael Moorer, Zsolt Erdei and Juan Carlos Gomez - All future champions.

Most importantly he was a success as a professional boxer -

Proessional Record: 34-0-0
    IBF Super Middleweight Champion (1998-2004)
    WBA Super Middleweight Champion(2003-2004)

Retired on top of his game.

In a sport where men are criticised for continuing on with their hopeless careers,A level headed individual who doesn't crave to see the sight of another broken down,broken up fighter may say Ottke should be saluted for leaving when he did,that he simply had nothing more to prove to the fans and the boxing world.

21 successful title defences - nine more than Marvin Hagler would make,Just four less than Joe Louis would make(Louis had a far longer pro career)

So in a fair and unbiased,non-xenophobic kind of way,Please do rate this champions legacy

He is right up there with Sugar Ray Robinson and Ali.

Comment

Sven "The Joke" Ottke

Comment

Is he east german too?? Damn, all the best German boxers are from East Germany! Maske, Schulz, Schmelling and Ottke.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMacFoster View Post
          21 successful title defences - nine more than Marvin Hagler would make,Just four less than Joe Louis would make(Louis had a far longer pro career)

So in a fair and unbiased,non-xenophobic kind of way,Please do rate this champions legacy
          A garbage thread by a garbage poster. Ottke was a titlist, Hagler and Louis were the champions in their respective divisions. If you don't know the difference you're a bigger moron than we all previously thought.

End thread.

Whats next, Joe Mesi was the greatest heavyweight since Marciano?

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            A garbage thread by a garbage poster. Ottke was a titlist, Hagler and Louis were the champions in their respective divisions. If you don't know the difference you're a bigger moron than we all previously thought.

End thread.

Whats next, Joe Mesi was the greatest heavyweight since Marciano?
            Agreed.

Words cannot describe how garbage Ottke was.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
              Agreed.

Words cannot describe how garbage Ottke was.
              Ottke did what he had to do and wasn't that bad. But to compare him to Hagler and Louis? I've been to the zoo before and have seen ******ed chimps with more common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Ottke did what he had to do and wasn't that bad. But to compare him to Hagler and Louis? I've been to the zoo before and have seen ******ed chimps with more common sense.
                Again agreed.It hurts me on the inside when I have to say Ottke was skilled.

But the corrut business puts a black eye on his career and boxing in Germany anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                  Again agreed.It hurts me on the inside when I have to say Ottke was skilled.

But the corrut business puts a black eye on his career and boxing in Germany anyway.
                  Very true!

Comment

Ottke was ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X