No announcement yet.

Breaking News! Cotto's strap up for grabs by Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Allucard View Post
    What special rules stupid? This are the rules, 147 is only the UPPER limit so there is absolutely no problem with the weight. The only reason for 145 is to prevent Cotto INFLATING to 160+ pounds which Pacquiao cannot do and thus we'd have 146 pound Pacquiao vs 160 pound Cotto. This is more than fair.
    ARE YOU HIGH??? So Cotto is gonna go from 147 to 160 But Pacquiao is gonna come in at 145 and stay at 145?? LOL MORON. He went to what 154 156 vs De La Hoya...

Originally posted by RRICAN View Post
    people box is a bussiness, dont you people know that????? cotto is using that belt for negotiating. if manny and arum want the belt on the line they should pay more $$$. how many times had cotto been screwed. (ibf vs clottey) so why he got to do everything team pac wants???? more $$$$$ or no title simple as that.
    Exactly! pac gets his catchweight..pac gets his 65% purse..**** he cant have everything on a silver platter..he's chasing Cotto..HE TOLD ARUM he wanted COtto..he's chasing the 7 weight classes bs..i call bs cuz of the stipulations (catchweights)...**** damn Cotto cant get 1 thing for him?? why only pac??

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
    Some other fans here need to wake up. Pac already stupid enough to fight Cotto at 145. If not for the belt you think Pac will risk his health to fight Cotto at 145 where he weighed in 146 on his last fight wearing all that thong? He can fight Mosley if he wants at 140 but he wants the belt at welterweight. If not for Arum and his belt Pacquiao will not bother about him. He give can rematch Mosley, Clottey, Margarito and lost for a peanut who cares? Fighting Pac is his biggest payday on his career. He should be grateful with that Arum and Pac giving him this unique chance.
    Greatful? Cotto has been and is still on his own path in boxing..he doesnt need Pacquiao for greatness..hes had his victories and battles..and more to come..a fight with pacquiao is not a career crossroad for him...so he shouldnt have to bend over backwards to make this fight happen while Pacquiao doesnt have to do **** but sign and fight.

Originally posted by NSX-R View Post
    Welterweight division is 141-147 lbs, so technically the fight is a legitimate welterweight bout and should be for the championship.
    but technically its not if Cotto is not allowed to weigh in at the welterweight limit now is it.Now its a super light welterweight fight kinda..lol

Comment

• No title should be in line, If Manny wants the title he should of taken the fight on the 147weight not 145.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allucard View Post
        If Cotto came at 147 he'd inflate to 160+ as he's a fully grown WW. Manny never fought as high in weight and the ammount you inflate to is not proportional to how much u weigh in. For instance, if Pacquiao at 135 inflated to 147, he would certainly not inflate to 159 if he weighs in at 147. Cotto most certainly does. See the balance now? Perhaps you see that all along thus you want the advantage for Cotto and hope no one else has a brain and knows basic human anatomy? lol Cotto has more than fair conditions. I'd make his ass 143, Manny is being soft if you ask me.
        I think 145 is fair for Cotto vs Pacman fight but In my opinion if ww goes from 141 to 147 and you have to defend the title you should be able to make it in at 147,I see your point of view and I respect that I was just expressing my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by SOTO View Post
          No title should be in line, If Manny wants the title he should of taken the fight on the 147weight not 145.
          dont worry. title wont be on the line manny said it himself

Comment

• Originally posted by ericsantos View Post
            how is me saying that pacman's fans are in for a rude awakening supposed to be offensive? i stated i dont really care if its at 145 or 147 Ihope Cotto wins since I am a fan of his but for the most part i hope is a great fight even if pacman wins,I say this fight is winnable for both unlike all this ppl counting Cotto out(In my opinion Cotto wins)but pacman can win
            thats why im asking bro

Comment

• Originally posted by JM1 View Post
              thats why im asking bro
              Dude i have respect for pacman and his fans I just think that everyone thinks Cotto is going to lay down and take it and come in fight night Cotto is going to shock a lot of ppl

Comment

• Originally posted by TxHustla View Post
                ARE YOU HIGH??? So Cotto is gonna go from 147 to 160 But Pacquiao is gonna come in at 145 and stay at 145?? LOL MORON. He went to what 154 156 vs De La Hoya...

stop lyin...pac's official weight in the hoya fight was 142 and 148 fight night....he never weighed more than that in a fight....

Exactly! pac gets his catchweight..pac gets his 65% purse..**** he cant have everything on a silver platter..he's chasing Cotto..HE TOLD ARUM he wanted COtto..he's chasing the 7 weight classes bs..i call bs cuz of the stipulations (catchweights)...**** damn Cotto cant get 1 thing for him?? why only pac??

he's doing cotto a favor giving him the highest payday ever........

Greatful? Cotto has been and is still on his own path in boxing..he doesnt need Pacquiao for greatness..hes had his victories and battles..and more to come..a fight with pacquiao is not a career crossroad for him...so he shouldnt have to bend over backwards to make this fight happen while Pacquiao doesnt have to do **** but sign and fight.

why you think he's getting only 35% split........because pac' the man right now...

but technically its not if Cotto is not allowed to weigh in at the welterweight limit now is it.Now its a super light welterweight fight kinda..lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ericsantos View Post
                  Dude i have respect for pacman and his fans I just think that everyone thinks Cotto is going to lay down and take it and come in fight night Cotto is going to shock a lot of ppl
                  and i respect cotto and all my puerto rican brothers. look at my sig, miguel is one of my favorites and i really think that this is a 50-50 fight. whoever wins, ill be happy

Comment

• Originally posted by JM1 View Post
                    and i respect cotto and all my puerto rican brothers. look at my sig, miguel is one of my favorites and i really think that this is a 50-50 fight. whoever wins, ill be happy
                    I see that and I feel the same way,I cant wait until fight day,I think this is one of those fights that will be remembered in boxing history for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post

the belt will be on the line.. and cotto will get a lil stack for that...nothing more nothing less.. this fight is not gonna fell thru..... for peanuts.

just sit back relax and watch bob arum playing chess here.....

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=21276

checkmate
                      Last edited by mellow_mood; 07-28-2009, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X