Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whathe is the fight of the year so far 2017?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Degale v Jack, it was a great matchup with lots of drama. I don't wanna say Klitschko v Joshua cos the buildup and post -fight was so goddammn boring...

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
      Imagine if you saw Joshua-Klitschko live with that crowd, Woo-Wee!!!!!
      I was there live.... but for me, it's still Degale Vs Jack.... AJ Vs Klit was great, don't get me wrong.... but it kind of felt like Klit had the better of AJ, and then AJ just pulled it out with a big shot... whereas Degale Vs Jack was a real war... you never knew who was going to come out on top.... Jack was perhaps getting the better of it... but the heart of Degale was something else.... AJ Vs Klit never really had that... Yes... AJ got up from a KD... but it wasn't like he was ever really digging deep because of a beating... he was mainly just gassed because his stamina is ass.... whereas Degale was really taking a beating and still coming back for more.

Comment

Imagine if you saw Joshua-Klitschko live with that crowd, Woo-Wee!!!!!
        Wow.

Would have been a great natural high, I probably wouldn't have been able to sleep for two days because my adrenaline would have been pumping so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          For me that wasn't competitive enough to be in the fight of the year conversation. It was simply a beautiful performance from Estrada, basically a schooling
          I thought it was a close fight myself, but it wasn't THAT good of a fight like you are saying. Good performance, although I'd say both put in a good performance, but Estrada was just the better performer. I'm surprised so many people are mentioning Estrada vs Cuadras.

Jack vs DeGale I can understand. That was a good, fun & competitive fight. For me the decision which I didn't agree with kinda diminished that fight for me doe. I thought Jack did enough to win.

Jack is the Rodney Dangerfield of boxing. Gets no f#cking respect, but keeps putting in the work. Respect to Jack.

Joshua vs Klitschko was on a whole other level of excitement & entertainment to anything I've seen in recent times let alone this year. Its one of the most exciting HW title fights I've ever seen. Reminded me of the Bowe vs Holyfield fun ass HW days.

And as a cat who's been predicting Joshua's future L looking exactly like Joshua was looking & like he was gonna make me look like a genius in the 6th round that was some damn near biblical comeback to win after that which required maximum heart + dedication & a strategic mind that losing the next couple rounds & sucking it up could result in him stealing victory from the jaws of a certain defeat it appeared he was gonna end up getting a few rounds before.

I mean ffs that was a movie fight.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
            I was there live.... but for me, it's still Degale Vs Jack.... AJ Vs Klit was great, don't get me wrong.... but it kind of felt like Klit had the better of AJ, and then AJ just pulled it out with a big shot... whereas Degale Vs Jack was a real war... you never knew who was going to come out on top.... Jack was perhaps getting the better of it... but the heart of Degale was something else.... AJ Vs Klit never really had that... Yes... AJ got up from a KD... but it wasn't like he was ever really digging deep because of a beating... he was mainly just gassed because his stamina is ass.... whereas Degale was really taking a beating and still coming back for more.

I respectfully disagree my friend. I myself was buzzing for weeks after the Joshua-Klitschko fight.

Just my opinion that AJ-Wlad is fight of the year so far. Though that also seems to be the consesus with boxing pundits, analysts, etc, etc....

DeGale-Jack was a hell of a ****ing fight though. I want to see them rematch each other at 175 or whatever!

Comment

1. Berchelt-Vargas

2. Joshua-Klitschko

3. Gonzalez-Rungvisai 1

4. Jack-DeGale

5. Gonzalez-Cuadras

Comment

I respectfully disagree my friend. I myself was buzzing for weeks after the Joshua-Klitschko fight.

Just my opinion that AJ-Wlad is fight of the year so far. Though that also seems to be the consesus with boxing pundits, analysts, etc, etc....

DeGale-Jack was a hell of a ****ing fight though. I want to see them rematch each other at 175 or whatever!
                It was a great fight... but I kind of feel the consensus is that way because it was a bigger/more important fight, not a better fight. The consequence of which being 2 fold.... 1) More people saw it and 2) It sticks in the mind more, because of the size of the event and because they had a dog in the fight. Also... Degale Vs Jack was in January... people have short memories.... but yeah... like I say, I was at Wembley for AJ Vs Klit... so I'm not knocking it.... it was a tremendous event, backed up by a great HW fight... a fantastic night.... I watched Degale Vs Jack on the tele... and I just couldn't believe the heart shown in that fight. Jack had such a size advantage and Degale was taking a beating... but he just kept going... it was one of the best fights I've seen in years.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  For me that wasn't competitive enough to be in the fight of the year conversation. It was simply a beautiful performance from Estrada, basically a schooling

The first half of the fight was close. Estrada didn't really take over until the second half of the fight, but Cuadras was still game even though he was losing rounds.

If you don't think it was fight of the year, I understand that since there were a lot of great fights this year. But I think it at least belongs in the conversation.

Comment

Roman-Sorrunghisside 1

Comment

I think in terms of sheer volume its Roman vs Rungvisai.

In terms of drama I would go Joshua vs Wlad.

Depends what you like. Two different sports really trying to compare these two fights. I would probably be more entertained rewatching the SFlW's, but can you beat the intensity of watching Wlad vs AJ live?

Wlad vs AJ. Final answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X