Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the U.S.( Obama) apologize for dropping the big bomb in Hiroshima?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the U.S.( Obama) apologize for dropping the big bomb in Hiroshima?.

SOURCE: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN0Y11KC

Barack Obama will become the first U.S. president to visit Hiroshima in Japan later this month, but he will not apologize for the United States' dropping of an atomic bomb on the city at the end of World War Two, the White House said on Tuesday.

Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize early in his presidency in 2009 in part for making nuclear nonproliferation a centerpiece of his agenda, Obama on May 27 will tour the site of the world's first nuclear bombing with Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

With the end of his last term in office approaching in January, Obama will "highlight his continued commitment to pursuing the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons," the White House said in a statement.

"He will not revisit the decision to use the atomic bomb at the end of World War II. Instead, he will offer a forward-looking vision focused on our shared future," Ben Rhodes, Obama's deputy national security adviser, wrote in a separate blog.

The visit comes as part of a May 21-28 swing through Asia, which will include a Group of Seven summit in Japan and his first trip to Vietnam. The Asia trip seeks to reinforce his geopolitical "pivot" toward the region, though friends and allies there have sometimes questioned Washington's commitment.

The Hiroshima tour will symbolize a new level of reconciliation between former wartime enemies who are now close allies. It will also underscore Obama's efforts to improve U.S.-Japan ties, marked by an Asia-Pacific trade pact as well as cooperation against China's pursuit of maritime claims and the nuclear threat from North Korea.

On the final day of the summit in Japan, Obama and Abe will visit the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park near the spot where a U.S. warplane dropped an atomic bomb 71 years ago.

I'd like to know your opinion,

PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL

Last night I have to lecture my one of my crew about history when he said U.S. should apologize because of the death and destruction they inflict on Japan.
    I said" Are you ******ed?. Did you know blah blah blah..and blah blah etc.etc. so STFU and learn history first before you make a stupid comment...
    Heck NO!! and NO
    46.15%
    They cause a lot of destruction and death so YES
    11.54%
    They should apologize for the Nagasaki bombing but not for the Hiroshima.
    3.85%
    Fvck MUZZIES they should get the big bomb next time!
    38.46%
    Last edited by Amazinger; 05-11-2016, 10:00 AM.

They would have had to physically invade Japan for years if they didn't get them to surrender with the bomb but you can't really explain that kind of stuff to hippies.

Their brains are biologically very different and they will just call you a "hater full of hatred" over and over and start shaking.

Over 60,000,000 people died in WW2. Only about 100,000 of those in Hiroshima, half that in Nagasaki.

A Vietnam-style invasion/occupation of Japan would have been millions of extra deaths and probably resulted in another decimated cold war front with the Soviets.
    Last edited by ////; 05-11-2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by #feelthebern View Post
      They would have had to physically invade Japan for years if they didn't get them to surrender with the bomb but you can't really explain that kind of stuff to hippies.

Their brains are biologically very different and they will just call you a "hater full of hatred" over and over and start shaking.

Over 60,000,000 people died in WW2. Only about 100,000 of those in Hiroshima, half that in Nagasaki.

A Vietnam-style invasion/occupation of Japan would have been millions of extra deaths and probably resulted in another decimated cold war front with the Soviets.
      That's what I told him, They don't have a second hand experience about the war and they feel detached...

Comment

Lil late I think. Oops sorry about that **** 7 decades ago between our countries.

Comment

I say heck no. But with America becoming more pussified by the day I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the window of time for that has closed by quite a few decades. Though I wouldn't be opposed to some kind of on-site speech that acknowledged the darkness of that period of history while outlining our allied status and strengthened bonds in the decades that followed.

I think a speaker like Obama could get the point across without coming off as apologetic. He has an almost uncanny knack for putting that kind of stuff in to context while still sounding stately.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post

I think a speaker like Obama could get the point across without coming off as apologetic. He has an almost uncanny knack for putting that kind of stuff in to context while still sounding stately.
              Yes..he makes this current crop of candidates look like rank amateurs....

I wouldn't apologize... Japan forced our hand. I would say it was a tragic and sad thing, and that we must work together to ensure nothing like that ever has to happen again worldwide.

Comment

For sure the US government together with JP Morgan, Wall Street and other megabanks should apologize...

Not only to Japan...

But apologize to the whole effin world...

For funding Hitler's war.

Yep... it's no conspiracy folks...

It's all out in the open.

US financial institutions enabled Hitler to wage world war 2.

Comment

We had to do it.

Comment

No because his administration wasn't responsible, and because the first bomb was certainly justified. The second bomb was also justified due to the idiocy of the Japanese government. He should acknowledge the tragedy of it all though.

Comment

Working...
                    X