No announcement yet.

How mich does PED affect a fighters legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Any proof of that Roy Jones claim? Seems you forgot to mention the guy in your avi as well
    Wilder?

And no i have no proof but come on, its public knowledge these days.

Comment

The majority of athletes are on some type of performance enhancing supplements

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
        Wilder?

And no i have no proof but come on, its public knowledge these days.
        I was referring to Fury in your avi. If you have no proof of the Jones thing then you don't know. It's public knowledge Jones and his opponent failed for an over the counter supplement and never failed another drug test after

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I was referring to Fury in your avi. If you have no proof of the Jones thing then you don't know. It's public knowledge Jones and his opponent failed for an over the counter supplement and never failed another drug test after
          So are you saying Jones Jr was a clean fighter throughout his prime years?

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            So are you saying Jones Jr was a clean fighter throughout his prime years?
            Yes, unless you can provide evidence to prove otherwise

Comment

it doesnt unless the fighter's name is manny pacquiao!!! pac is the only fighter that gets accused of doing PEDS with no positive test ever yet he gets accused of doing it, when there's actual fighters that had gotten caught, yet the same posters turn the other way.

Comment

for example --

canelo getting popped --

"oh it was the meat, nothing else"..

manny asked for a cut off --

"oh he's looking to juice up"

Comment

I struggle with this.

I devalue guys who I think are serious dopers like Holyfield and Sugar Shane Mosley and Canelo and The Charlos, especially when they start putting on a lot of weight or cut a lot of weight quickly while maintaining their strength. Holyfield went from like a skinny dude to a hulking mass of muscle, and ended up dying from heart problems, so I really look at him different.

I don't know why, but I do know that Fury tested positive, but his style doesn't seem to be dependent on PEDs so I don't really hold that against him too much. If he was knocking people out like Wilder or Joshua I would. Also, I think his struggle is with his mental health, and recreational drugs more than PEDs. He's just gotta stay focused

With Roy Jones, that was BS, he tested positive for Ripped Fuel, which is what I got from GNC back in the day. It doesn't even work that much as I was fat when I started it and I was fat when I stopped. Only changing my diet helped me see the gains I wanted to see of lean muscle. (I gotta get back to that )

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
                    It doesn't if you assume they are ALL on drugs. Some more than others obviously.
                    Lol. It depends on if they get caught too.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                      I struggle with this.

I devalue guys who I think are serious dopers like Holyfield and Sugar Shane Mosley and Canelo and The Charlos, especially when they start putting on a lot of weight or cut a lot of weight quickly while maintaining their strength. Holyfield went from like a skinny dude to a hulking mass of muscle, and ended up dying from heart problems, so I really look at him different.

I don't know why, but I do know that Fury tested positive, but his style doesn't seem to be dependent on PEDs so I don't really hold that against him too much. If he was knocking people out like Wilder or Joshua I would. Also, I think his struggle is with his mental health, and recreational drugs more than PEDs. He's just gotta stay focused

With Roy Jones, that was BS, he tested positive for Ripped Fuel, which is what I got from GNC back in the day. It doesn't even work that much as I was fat when I started it and I was fat when I stopped. Only changing my diet helped me see the gains I wanted to see of lean muscle. (I gotta get back to that )
                      When did Holyfield die of heart problems? He's still alive today

Comment

Working...
                      X