Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Evander Holyfield be able to take Wilder's best punch and continue the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Evander Holyfield be able to take Wilder's best punch and continue the fight?

This is truly fascinating, because Wilder is dropping fighters that outweigh him by 30+ lbs like flies.

But would Prime Evander Holyfield be able to take Wilder's best shot and continue without the ref stopping the fight?

It's an interesting question because even though Holyfield's chin is truly great, he was only 6'1 and weighed between 205-218 in his prime, much smaller than a lot of Wilder's opponents.

But man..... He had willpower and determination like no other.

Yes
    64.86%
    No
    35.14%
    Last edited by HitmanTommy; 05-19-2019, 08:47 AM.

no. The heavyweight division has never in its history seen a puncher like WIlder.

Holyfield wouldn't be slept but because of his overly muscular and tight body he would get knocked stiff.

it would be one of those legs in the air twitching KOs.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
      This is truly fascinating, because Wilder is dropping fighters that outweigh him by 30+ lbs like flies.

But would Prime Evander Holyfield be able to take Wilder's best shot and continue without the ref stopping the fight?

It's an interesting question because even though Holyfield's chin is truly great, he only weighed between 205-218 in his prime.
      Yup. At his best Holyfield would take the punch and might even go down from it, but his recovery was legendary. I don't believe one shot from anyone will do it only a sustained beating like the one Bowe gave would stop him. Keep in mind tho Wider is a good finisher , so we'd have to see how Evander is when we takes the shot. My Opinion on the topic.

Comment

I don't think so.

Comment

No, but he wouldn't get caught clean like that which is the thing people fail to consider.

Comment

I dont see why Holyfield couldnt do something that Stiverne and Fury did.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
              I dont see why Holyfield couldnt do something that Stiverne and Fury did.
              He most certainly could, but in boxing, anyone can get caught.

Comment

If Bert Cooper could rock and drop Holyfield, why not Wilder? Cooper on that night may have been in his best form but Wilder has approximately 6 inches of additional reach, and height, on Cooper. If Holyfield rushes in like he did in so many fights, he could be badly hurt. Whether or not Wilder could finish him, is the question. Based on the Fury and Ortiz fights, my answer is no

Comment

depend on who had the better roids for they camp. evan fields be gettn dem old 90s roids but beyonce is on some serious new designer stuff

Comment

I don't think anyone takes out Holy with a single shot

Comment

Working...
                    X