No announcement yet.

Is ESPN happy with Arum?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I think they are happy. TR can make really good fights if Bob wanted to make them or partner with other channels.

Start with Crawford/Loma-the modern day SRL/Duran. That IMO would do HUGE business but there is no way Arum would do it . You have Ramirez against the winner of the WBSS which will be a much anticipated fight. Valdez/Frampton. Bieterbiev, Teo Lopez, Navarette and some other really good fighters with great potential fights.

ESPN will eventually force Bob to make better fights if the ratings are down and the other companies put on better fights.
    Loma is too small for bud period. Loma is a 135 pounder and I can't see him at 140. Bud is a full 147 pounder. Loma vs bud makes no sense at all

Comment

I think they are happy. TR can make really good fights if Bob wanted to make them or partner with other channels.

Start with Crawford/Loma-the modern day SRL/Duran. That IMO would do HUGE business but there is no way Arum would do it . You have Ramirez against the winner of the WBSS which will be a much anticipated fight. Valdez/Frampton. Bieterbiev, Teo Lopez, Navarette and some other really good fighters with great potential fights.

ESPN will eventually force Bob to make better fights if the ratings are down and the other companies put on better fights.
      Nah that’s a terrible comparison. Duran was already a legit Welterweight with wins over guys like Palomino. Loma is a natural Super Featherweight who’ll likely never fight as a high as 147.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKIE420247 View Post
        Loma is too small for bud period. Loma is a 135 pounder and I can't see him at 140. Bud is a full 147 pounder. Loma vs bud makes no sense at all
        Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Crawford vs Lomachenko would do huge business but real boxing fans know that would be a mismatch. Just like casuals thought Mikey Garcia had a chance against Spence. Weight classes matter.
        Crawford rehydrates to around 160 while Lomachenko rehydrates to around 145.
        Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Nah that’s a terrible comparison. Duran was already a legit Welterweight with wins over guys like Palomino. Loma is a natural Super Featherweight who’ll likely never fight as a high as 147.
        Historically there have been many fights where a guy from 135 goes up to 147. I do agree Loma is likely too small to win. It’s still a fight between the two best fighters in the sport .

I don’t think Bob makes it but none of you can deny that Loma truly chasing greatness by taking on Crawford in a modern srl /Duran match wouldn’t do huge business and satisfy espn and fans.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-21-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Bit nitpicky here lad but the title should read “are” espn happy

Comment

TR on ESPN ratings has been very respectable it's just that they don't have a deep roster or any real stars no disrespect to Loma and Bud

Maybe Teofimo will change that soon

Comment

No way is ESPN happy.
              - Crawford PPV bombed.
              - Crawford vs. Spence is nowhere close to being made.
              - With a few exceptions, TR is putting on one-sided mismatches.
              - Too many foreign fights that no one cares about in the U.S.
              - ESPN is finding out that Fury is not a U.S. draw. and Wilder fight is still 9 months away.
              - ESPN viewership is about half of Fox viewership, with ESPN+ even smaller.
              - Top Rank boxing not generating near the viewership that UFC prelins are drawing.

Comment

Historically there have been many fights where a guy from 135 goes up to 147. I do agree Loma is likely too small to win. It’s still a fight between the two best fighters in the sport .

I don’t think Bob makes it but none of you can deny that Loma truly chasing greatness by taking on Crawford in a modern srl /Duran match wouldn’t do huge business and satisfy espn and fans.
                There’s “chasing greatness” and there’s pure stupidity. I’m not questioning there the two finest fighters in the sport. I’m disagreeing with your Duran/SRL comparison. Duran had already fought several times at welterweight, whilst Loma will likely never fight at welter.

Comment

Top Rank has been horrible with the matchups they been giving us but ESPN don't really care about boxing like that, they just want it to accumulate the sports bundle of ESPN plus, but maybe their also banking on Bob to deliver them the big fights like Bud/Spence, Fury/Wilder etc. to get their return and more

Comment

No it would not. Loma is a nobody in casuals eye. They don’t even know who Bud is either.

Fury is Bobs best fighter to grab casuals.

Comment

Working...
                    X