Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC ignoring Andy Ruiz's WBO heavyweight title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
    Have any examples of people doing this? Never seen anybody in America recognize the IBO. None of the TV channels here recognize it, not even DAZN.
    Yes i do and no i cant be bothered to root through the internet to show you. But even on this forum the same people who talked about Joshua having 3 world titles are now saying Ruiz has 4.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
      Yes i do and no i cant be bothered to root through the internet to show you. But even on this forum the same people who talked about Joshua having 3 world titles are now saying Ruiz has 4.
      The next time you see someone saying Ruiz has 4 world titles, who had previously said Joshua had 3 world titles, please point it out. I haven't seen that. I'd be very curious to know who the hypocrites are. Thanks.

Comment

Doesn't really matter, the record shows he owns all those belts, anything political can stay here it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
          Recorded "Inside PBC Boxing" on FS1 tonight and finally getting around to watching it on the DVR.

Highlight of the Joshua vs. Ruiz fight were shown, with clips from DAZN. All the Fox graphics referred to the fight as being for the IBF & WBA world heavyweight titles. No mention of the WBO.

When Ruiz was brought on as a guest, once again the on screen graphics only referred to him as the IBF & WBA world heavyweight champion.

Later in the show, when the heavyweight division was being discussed, Ruiz and Wilder were shown on screen, with Wilder listed as WBC champion and Ruiz as IBF/WBA champion. The graphic mentioned that PBC had all of the heavyweight titles, but again, zero mention of the WBO.

I don't think it's a secret that Haymon generally avoids the WBO, but Inside PBC Boxing always lists the WBO champions whenever they show a division's champs. They always list the WBO title when a fight is for the WBO title. This is a definite shift in PBC's treatment of the WBO. Anybody else notice this?
          The WBO makes up their rules on the fly, often with preferential lean to Bob Arum and Frank Warren specifically.

Sports are sports, so the PBC orbit (FOX/FS1 and Showtime/CBS) won't act like fighters don't exist, but there's a framework and written rules by the other three organizations that you can at least look to as a rubric to work from.

There's no value in highlighting the WBO, especially knowing how they run their business

Comment

Comment

I like the PBC saying f#ck the WBO belt. I wish more groups with power would disassociate themselves from these crooked ass mfers. All of them are crooked as f#ck so take your pick as to what onces you wanna disassociate themselves from.

Comment

Hahahaha, the World Boxing Organization sounds nice but when you abbreviate it it’s the W.B.O which sounds like the sh-t belt it is.

I wouldn’t want it, I prefer the W.B.C belt myself.

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting down to 3 belts. Who would Arum bribe without the WBO though? Not the IBF. That's been done with since 2000. Down to the WBA and WBC? WBC is in Haymon's pocket. I'm sure Bob will be able to secure the WBA's services in creating a title just for Top Rank.

Comment

I’d rather get rid of the WBA than WBO...

Comment

Working...
                    X