No announcement yet.

Man ordered to pay $65k child support for a child that isn't his

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man ordered to pay $65k child support for a child that isn't his

A Texas man is battling a court order that mandates he must pay tens of thousands in child support for a child whom he did not biologically father and whom he met only once.

In 2003, a child support court in Texas ruled that Gabriel Cornejo, 45, had to pay child support to his ex-girlfriend, who had recently given birth, because she vowed there was no way he wasn’t the rightful dad.

Texas’ family code, chapter 161, states that even if one is not the biological father, they still owe support payments that accrued before the paternity test proved otherwise. In Cornejo’s case, that amounts to some $65,000.
    http://nypost.com/2017/07/23/man-ord...-who-isnt-his/

Dam yo I'd be heated.....

Saw this on the news a few days ago.

Comment

He got Mosley'd.

Comment

This is similar to getting jailed as an innocent man. The billls of the kid is not your responsibility if it's not your kid. There is something wrong with that law.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          This country and it's ridiculous laws. 65K?
          GTFOH.

Comment

da fcuk??? this shit don't even make sense

Comment

Worst if wife or gf cheated on you and you still pay another man's child support. It's like being a victim 2x. Why would they not go after the child's biological dad and the cheating wife/gf for child support.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                This country and it's ridiculous laws. 65K?
                GTFOH.
                Well $65k might be a reasonable number for many years of missed child support payments. What bothers me is that he's still expected to make good on those missed payments even though he now knows it's not even his child.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
                  Worst if wife or gf cheated on you and you still pay another man's child support. It's like being a victim 2x. Why would they not go after the child's biological dad and the cheating wife/gf for child support.
                  Maybe she can double dip and go after him too.

Comment

America's family law are ridiculous. It's completely outrageous. Wtf is this bs.

Seriously if something like that would happen to me I'd leave the country and make a new life. **** it.
                    These whores wants to be equal but family's law treat men like ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X