No announcement yet.

Who should Andre Ward fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Ward said at this point in his development he's a 168lb fighter and is not ready to move up.
    At this point, it's kind of understandable considering he's rocovering from surgery. Wouldn't want to have your comeback fight in a bigger division you've never fought at.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
      At this point, it's kind of understandable considering he's rocovering from surgery. Wouldn't want to have your comeback fight in a bigger division you've never fought at.
      True but Ward said recently that his shoulder is more or less perfect. He feels very strong and is eager to get back into the ring as soon as possible.

Comment

Ward-Bute is a very intriguing matchup. Ward isn't going to approach this fight like Froch and so it'll be a boxing spectacle.

Stieglitz, sure but it's a step down really. He may have a belt, but really Froch, Kessler and Ward are head and shoulders above the rest right now. Ward is THE champion, Froch is the 'other' champion. Most of the time I hardly recognise the WBO belt. I stick to the WBC WBA IBF still, even when Pacquiao had the WW title. Even if you do recognise it, it'd really only be a tune up fight.

There's contenders like Groves and Degale. Degale has the WBC silver belt I believe, could be an option. I'd really like to see Groves-Degale 2 though, I felt Degale won the first fight.

Comment

Working...
        X