Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever happend to the EXCITING heavywieght fights??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deja_Vous View Post
    12 round fights is what happened.

15 rounders would weed-out the lumbering dinosaurs and walruses and favor a more athletic/exiting style.

NONE of today's heavies are 15 round fighters.

Lennox Lewis wasn't...nor was Bowe.

The Klit sisters can bearly go 12.

15 round fights would weed-out the trash in a flash.
    bull****.

only difference is we'd have longer boring ass fights.

i blame the amateur style boxing in the olympics.

its effect on the lower weight classes is diminished because of size parity.

in the super heavies they just get the tallest , biggest guys and have them throw jabs to score points.

Comment

Thanks Wlad, you just cured my insomnia. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
        Whatever happend to the EXCITING heavywieght fights??
        Stop hating. So called *exciting* heavyweight fights are only possible if you have 2 featherfists with solid chins: (Ali vs Frazier for example, both have 50% KOratio against heavyweights... just like Chris Byrd).

Noone forces you to watch Klitschko. If want a higher pace watch flyweight.

Or watch Ali (with signs of Parkinson) fighting a featherfisty 6-0 guy (Spinks, 197lbs, 30% KOratio) for 2 belts...
        Last edited by knn; 06-20-2009, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markfrombrookly View Post
          I was really looking forward to seeing Haye fight him. You know Haye wasnt gonna just stand there and eat Jabs all day.
          I was looking forward to seeing him fight Haye too, but you don't know how Haye is gonna react until they actually fight. Weren't people saying all this stuff about Chagaev being more of a threat and that he would take it to Wlad? Look what happened, he was pretty much neutralized. I'm tired of all of these paper match ups and suppositions on these forums. Just watch the damn fights.

Comment

Originally posted by knn View Post
            Stop hating. So called *exciting* heavyweight fights are only possible if you have 2 featherfists with solid chins (Ali vs Frazier for example).
            thanx for makein' my sig. lol

Comment

Wladimir is unstoppable at the moment gentlemen. Whether you like his style or not, he gets the job done and no one can do anything about it. I agree that he shouldve stepped it up about round 4, but what are you going to do about a guy who beats his opponents constantly?

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                Wladimir is unstoppable at the moment gentlemen. Whether you like his style or not, he gets the job done and no one can do anything about it. I agree that he shouldve stepped it up about round 4, but what are you going to do about a guy who beats his opponents constantly?
                vitali-wlad needs to happen.

one has to sleep with the others wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                  bull****.

only difference is we'd have longer boring ass fights.

i blame the amateur style boxing in the olympics.

its effect on the lower weight classes is diminished because of size parity.

in the super heavies they just get the tallest , biggest guys and have them throw jabs to score points.
                  Exactamondo dude

Comment

HW's are huge these days. The bigger the slower. And most are more technical.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      Exactamondo dude
                      A fight made for ceefax, the Thrilla for the 2000's

Comment

Working...
                      X