No announcement yet.

How can Abraham defeat Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Abraham defeat Ward?

I don't see how he could deal with Ward's movement.

i know a lot of people on this site only pay attention to a fighters last fight and abraham is "shot" and "exposed" and all that, but in reality he's still an extremely vicious short-range puncher

standing within short punch distance grabbing abrahams arms and forcing clinches with him etc = suicide, at one point you'll get caught moving your head in and most likely go down

thats how i see it, ward would have to change some strategy up for sure

a lot of people were saying froch-abraham would be an ugly dirty war but froch knew better than to do that
    Last edited by Toe Injury; 11-28-2010, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reach View Post
      i know a lot of people on this site only pay attention to a fighters last fight and abraham is "shot" and "exposed" and all that, but in reality he's still an extremely vicious short-range puncher

standing within short punch distance grabbing abrahams arms and forcing clinches with him etc = suicide, at one point you'll get caught and most likely go down

thats how i see it, ward would have to change some strategy up for sure
      even without paying attention to his last fight, i dont see how abraham beats ward. he doesnt, thats why. abraham is the most one dimensional fighter in the tourney (well allan green has no dimensions to his game).

Comment

1) get a new trainer (somebody from the USA)

2) learn how to fight in the clinch (which is what ward does)

3) body punching ftw

4) better head movement needed

5) cut off the ring, don't follow him

6) look out for headbutts

Comment

I don't see how Abraham can get past Ward after what we saw today. He's just too one dimensional. Ward would UD him no problem.

Comment

Ward by brutal decision win, winning every single round just like Dirrell and Froch already did.

Comment

he is one dimensional, but that one dimension happens to be hard compact short range punches, exactly what youd want vs a guy whos leading with his head trying to clinch

i could easily see ward walking into an uppercut, he thrives around moving from too far to too close over and over

while we've seen what abraham does when you're too far (absolutely nothing), i dont think abraham has a "too close", those are the times he takes 1 step back and FINALLY lets his hands go

Comment

Styles make fights and Ward won't shut him out the way Froch did tonight.

I believe Ward is an inside fighter at this level and he doesn't feel as comfortable unless on the inside now. AA can be smothered, but his solid defense, power punching, and elbows will create a problem for Ward.

That said, Ward has great stamina and I expect him to take the fight out of Abraham. It'll just be much harder for him to do itthan it was for Froch.

Comment

I think that Frochs power was the thing that made AA thing twice to attack because Dirrell moved more and had his jabs and straights in but AA was not afraid to go after him he thought twice to close in on Froch.....
                  Therefore probably Ward can be more in danger than he thinks, but Ill still say he can pull it off.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Fuzz View Post
                    I don't see how he could deal with Ward's movement.
                    Sauerland should not let Abraham go to Oakland. They've already had one bad experience with Ward's dirty tactics and his crooked home referees.

Comment

Working...
                    X