No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: "Floyd does NOT believe he can beat Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    By fighting him?............................

They were never teammates.

Name the teacher, cab driver, and trash man please.

I agree,.... neither guy wants to budge... on top of that... Floyd was still getting checks in from the JMM fight even when he fought Mosley... and he is stillg etting checks in from the Mosley fight... The guy right now is getting paid MILLIONS and MILLIONS.... even though he knows the money he can make with pacquiao... as of right now, it's not as important because he has that much money right now... it doesnt matter AS MUCH because hes already made that much money.

So even though he wants the money, the need for it won't overcome his stubborness to get what he wants.

I don't think Floyd thinks for a second he can't beat Pac...

Floyd doesn't have the mindset for that.

In Floyds head, in his mind.. he really is the most skilled fighter ever... he truly believes it, he acts it, talks it, and he does perform it in the ring...

So there are reasons he didn't take the fight, but because he thinks Pac is going to beat him is not one of them... not in his head.

Pretty much, if you want to call Floyd a small petty person in real life by all means but in that ring he is a much different individual.

When it comes to a ring Floyd is supremely confident, other aspects of his life he appears much more fragile but he has spent his whole life in the ring so it does make sence.

Comment

I just don't agree with Floyd thinking Pac will beat him.

I think Floyd should accept 7 days, just fight.. get in the ring and fight.

But..... If he doesn't, I still don't believe it's because he thinks Pac can beat him.. it will be something involving his ego.. either not getting the money split, or the gate split, what day the cutoff is... or something, just because he wants to get everything his way.

But, the way Floyd thinks.. the way his mind works... he really thinks there isn't a fighter on the planet that can, or could ever... beat him.

I believe he does believe that.

Whether it's true is a whole other subject, I am just giving my opinion of how Floyd views his skillset compared to other fighters.

Does he Floyd Mayweather really think Pacquiao can beat him?

In my honest opinion... not even close.

I'm really not a Floyd fan either.. I respect the skillset 100.. .but don't care for him to be honest.

like i said before, i dont think floyd fears pacquiao, he fears the thought of losing to pacquiao in one of the biggest matches in the history of the sport. as for floyd's super ultra ego & confidence, sure he has it, but deep down inside its not as great as he would want it to be in terms of his fight vs pac.

suddenly asking for a steroid test never done before in the history of professional prize fighting (prior to shane v floyd) during the 1st round of talks vs pac, a fighter with zero evidence of steroid use proves that much.

yes floyd is confident, but he's also insecure. that much is painfully obvious. the way that he has to keep yelling at how great he is, the way he has to keep reminding people how great he is, the way he keeps on reminding people how much money he has,

shows how utterly insecure & afraid floyd is of reality.

REAL MEN WITH REAL MONEY dont have to brag about how much money they have. Do you ever see bill gates or warren buffet brag about how much money they have?

REAL MEN WITH REAL POWER never brag about how much power they have.

REAL MEN WITH REAL UNWAVERING CONFIDENCE never have to put down other people in order to put themselves up. they never have to suddenly start dictating tests their opponents take.

Did you ever see michael jordan, payton manning, roger federer, tiger woods, usain bolt, DEMAND their opponents TAKE THE TEST THEY WANTED TO TAKE?

Its absolutely absurd.

It doesnt take a genius to do a behavioral psych profile on floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        People did say those things~

People predicted Floyd would have very tough tests in all three fights also, hopw did that turn out~
        I never said that people didn't say that at one point in time .... but time changes things. For example, if Margo makes this a tough fight for Manny. The next fight, Manny may not have as much in him and he would be ripe for Floyd then.... then you will say "see, Floyd is ducking nobody"

What I said was that at one point, the odds turned to Floyd's favor and bingo, the fight was made with Hatton, Judah and Mosley!

WHo said Floyd was afraid to fight:
        [/B]
        - Hatton at 147 where he only fought once and looked average. Hatton was the true champ at 140 ... at 147 he was the pretender.

- Judah, who had just lost to Baldomir!!!! People know Judah had the talent but he just didn't have what it takes in the other departments. Judah even admits it and said that he has changed.... Oh, and doesn't have a stellar record at 147 either!

- Mosley, the 39 year old, out of prime, hadn't fought in almost 1.5 years and had 2 straight training camps (over-trained) and Floyd made sure that Mosley was PEDs free.

Those types of risks, Floyd is willing to take!!! lol!
        Last edited by ADP02; 11-04-2010, 11:35 PM.

Comment

if there is a cut off, then there is no fight. floyd stated that long ago. when pac wants to man up and take full testing, then there will be a fight

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            I never said that people didn't say that at one point in time .... but time changes things. For example, if Margo makes this a tough fight for Manny. The next fight, Manny may not have as much in him and he would be ripe for Floyd then.

What I said was that at one point, the odds turned to Floyd's favor and bingo, the fight was made with Hatton, Judah and Mosley!

WHo said Floyd was afraid to fight:
            [/B]
            - Hatton at 147 where he only fought once and looked average. Hatton was the true champ at 140 ... at 147 he was the pretender.

- Judah, who had just lost to Baldomir!!!! People know Judah had the talent but he just didn't have what it takes in the other departments. Judah even admits it and said that he has changed.... Oh, and doesn't have a stellar record at 147 either!

- Mosley, the 39 year old, out of prime, hadn't fought in almost 1.5 years and had 2 straight training camps (over-trained) and Floyd made sure that Mosley was PEDs free.

Those types of risks, Floyd is willing to take!!! lol!
            Hatton wanted the fight at 147, Judah was going to fight Floyd before Baldomir, and how many years have people been saying Floyd would never fight Mosley, Shane Mosley is not that much different now than he has always been he was never skilled enough to fuck with Floyd.

When people say **** like Floyd is affraid they don't know what they are talking about and it has been proven over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
              like i said before, i dont think floyd fears pacquiao, he fears the thought of losing to pacquiao in one of the biggest matches in the history of the sport. as for floyd's super ultra ego & confidence, sure he has it, but deep down inside its not as great as he would want it to be in terms of his fight vs pac.
              I don't agree, Because he doesn't fathom losing to Pacquiao.

suddenly asking for a steroid test never done before in the history of professional prize fighting (prior to shane v floyd) during the 1st round of talks vs pac, a fighter with zero evidence of steroid use proves that much.
              No it isn't evidence.. it can also be evidence that Floyd thinks that PAc is really on something..

yes floyd is confident, but he's also insecure. that much is painfully obvious. the way that he has to keep yelling at how great he is, the way he has to keep reminding people how great he is, the way he keeps on reminding people how much money he has,

shows how utterly insecure & afraid floyd is of reality.

REAL MEN WITH REAL MONEY dont have to brag about how much money they have. Do you ever see bill gates or warren buffet brag about how much money they have?

REAL MEN WITH REAL POWER never brag about how much power they have.

REAL MEN WITH REAL UNWAVERING CONFIDENCE never have to put down other people in order to put themselves up. they never have to suddenly start dictating tests their opponents take.

Did you ever see michael jordan, payton manning, roger federer, tiger woods, usain bolt, DEMAND their opponents TAKE THE TEST THEY WANTED TO TAKE?

Its absolutely absurd.

It doesnt take a genius to do a behavioral psych profile on floyd.
              All this stuff doesn't matter to me.. I don't like Floyd so I don't care about defending him

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
                'Floyd Mayweather doesn't believe he can beat Manny Pacquiao,' says legend Roy Jones
                by John Dennen

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/bn08/detail.asp?id=2063
                I said this a while ago....Roy's OPINION is not a crazy one....I bet more than half the boxing world thinks the same thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                  if there is a cut off, then there is no fight. floyd stated that long ago. when pac wants to man up and take full testing, then there will be a fight
                  You are grasping at straws at this point.

If Manny brought it down to 7 days and the negotiations weren't even complete, Floyd could NOT have complained, EITHER WAY!!!

Floyd knew that if Manny was at 7 days, it would have appeared to be a reasonable offer, to the public. So Floyd couldn't have complained (much).

With a bit more negotiating it may have even come down lower to about 5 days. I doubt they would take out blood from them even if it was lower than 5 days.

By the way, only Floyd fans are complaining. Floyd never did and I doubt he would with that kind of OFFER.

Comment

I don't agree, Because he doesn't fathom losing to Pacquiao.

No it isn't evidence.. it can also be evidence that Floyd thinks that PAc is really on something..

All this stuff doesn't matter to me.. I don't like Floyd so I don't care about defending him

if he doesnt fathom losing to pacquiao HE WOULDNT ASK FOR A EXTRA STEROID TEST. HE WOULD JUST TELL PAC, GO AHEAD TAKE STEROIDS, ILL STILL KICK YOUR ASS.

The fact that he's making it so difficult to make a fight with pac MEANS THAT THE THOUGHT OF LOSING HAS CREPT INTO HIS MIND.

Why else ask for a steroid tests never done before against a smaller fighter he deemed overrated, small, & one dimensional. The fact that pac's performances with hatton & cotto specifically, floyd has FATHOM losing to pac to the point that he thinks he's juicing.

How many articles have been written (not by bloggers but by real boxing journalists) that have said the same thing? How many former boxing greats have said that floyd is fearful of losing to pac?

If you cant see that, you have a very dull sense of perception. I know you arent defending him, & i know you are not a fan, but everything points to floyd having some thoughts of losing to pacquiao hence the hesitancy to get in the ring with him.

A man who doesnt fathom losing, a man who has UNWAVERING CONFIDENCE would have fought pac whether or not he was juicing. Floyd clearly isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
                      if he doesnt fathom losing to pacquiao HE WOULDNT ASK FOR A EXTRA STEROID TEST. HE WOULD JUST TELL PAC, GO AHEAD TAKE STEROIDS, ILL STILL KICK YOUR ASS.

The fact that he's making it so difficult to make a fight with pac MEANS THAT THE THOUGHT OF LOSING HAS CREPT INTO HIS MIND.

Why else ask for a steroid tests never done before against a smaller fighter he deemed overrated, small, & one dimensional. The fact that pac's performances with hatton & cotto specifically, floyd has FATHOM losing to pac to the point that he thinks he's juicing.

How many articles have been written (not by bloggers but by real boxing journalists) that have said the same thing? How many former boxing greats have said that floyd is fearful of losing to pac?

If you cant see that, you have a very dull sense of perception. I know you arent defending him, & i know you are not a fan, but everything points to floyd having some thoughts of losing to pacquiao hence the hesitancy to get in the ring with him.

A man who doesnt fathom losing, a man who has UNWAVERING CONFIDENCE would have fought pac whether or not he was juicing. Floyd clearly isnt.
                      In my opinion, he thinks Pac is on steroids, and he won't fight him until he does complete and utter blood testing.

Do I agree with it?

Eh.... it's over the top to me...

But my end result.. is because I think he thinks Pac is on something and he wants to prove it.. not because he's afraid that Pac can beat him.

We will have to agree to disagree on that subject.

Comment

Working...
                      X