No announcement yet.

R.I.P HBO Boxing 1973-2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    The scorecards weren't the only **** that was weird as **** about this fight. The narrative was also VERY sketchy

friend of mine who was watching the fight with me even looked at me like why are they making excuses all the time for Canelo and the Judges lol
    They ALL were selling Canelo hard-core....it was ridiculous. Obviously they are banking on him for the future given the size of his fan base and his age. I knew GGG was going to have trouble with the scorecard for that reason...he actually was lucky they didn't throw him under the bus and call it for Canelo by split. Now they get to promote a rematch.

Comment

and FK rematches...how does that somewhat justify the result? It doesn't!

Same with Kovalev vs Ward.

The only way i would remotely accept a rematch in this fight was if it was held in GGG's backyard. But it's just a scam and I'd much rather see GGG fight BJS and then retire.

Canelo is part of the business machine, you could see in many of those rounds it was like he would thrown combos against gloves and then run, and then again, it was like he knows that to win a round he just needs to be a bit of shoe shining.

Comment

You good Hanz you traitor?

Comment

Lampley had his GGG pom poms on @ ring side

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
            and FK rematches...how does that somewhat justify the result? It doesn't!

Same with Kovalev vs Ward.

The only way i would remotely accept a rematch in this fight was if it was held in GGG's backyard. But it's just a scam and I'd much rather see GGG fight BJS and then retire.

Canelo is part of the business machine, you could see in many of those rounds it was like he would thrown combos against gloves and then run, and then again, it was like he knows that to win a round he just needs to be a bit of shoe shining.
            He's a hype job. Skilled fighter? Sure

But he makes money because he is a ginger Mexican. Gets judges love. FFS he got a 114-114 card against Floyd.

Comment

More like R.I.P. boxing. Looked like they were sparring out there, particularly by the 7th round.

Comment

hbo still dying a slow death. top rank leaving hurt even more

Comment

Loving this thread!

Comment

Boxing fans biting the hands that feed them, never fails.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                      So what are the other choices?
                      PBC, full of part time boxers.
                      Top fighters fight once, then disappear for a year.
                      Kills me.
                      Boxing is f*kd.
                      So essentially your complaint is you like their fighters and want to see more of them.

As opposed to plenty of Top Rank or Golden Boy fighters who fight once a year and you don't complain because nobody cares about those fighters.

PBCs stars usually fight twice a year, sometimes once. Not really any different than any other stable. The difference is that PBC is always held to a double standard.

Comment

Working...
                      X