Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Pacquiao agree to extra testing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    "I asked Manny to do a drug test for this fight because I believe that Marquez is a much bigger person now — and I'm not sure exactly how he is getting there,'' Roach said."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...gh-in/1754903/

"You can say anything you want, but [if] you don’t have any proof, it means nothing. I told them I am willing to take any exam they want. Let’s go together, we’ll do it together,” said Marquez in his recent interview.

Before the last camp, there were accusations about [Pacquiao], people saying things, and we didn’t care. We never brought it up. For this fight, all of a sudden they are attacking me. I say we do [a blood test] now,” he added.
    "

http://blogs.bettor.com/Marquez-is-r...g-News-a205853

Yet despite all that they didn't do stricter drug testing.

To be fair I don't know if Manny was the one who turned it down or if it was Bob Arum. But turn it down they did.
    None of that really supports your implications. You're just adding fuel to the "Marquez was juiced" fire by doing exactly what you criticize others of doing and pissing them off in retaliation for their threads (which there will be more of due to this). Wish you all would just chill with this bickering ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Why didnt JMM test himself even if Pac "declined"?
      that kind of defeats the purpose of wanting testing doesnt it?

Why not just test one 100 meter runner and let the other 6 or 7 not be tested, makes sense to me..NOT

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        Its hilarious how walking out on a 50/50 offer in the biggest fight in history to duck a PEDs test means your clean , and irony is he now demand tests of people that beat him , you ******s are really screwed in the head you need to pull your head of you ass .
        do you know for a fact that was the reason that fight didnt happen and do you know for a fact they asked for a test after he lost? if so please post link, or stop spreading your bias agenda having lies.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          that kind of defeats the purpose of wanting testing doesnt it?

Why not just test one 100 meter runner and let the other 6 or 7 not be tested, makes sense to me..NOT
          and that's exactly what's going on in boxing right now. The only person being tested year round with real OSDT is Nonito Donaire. What are all the other boxers doing?

Comment

Only a vagina ask for testing...quack!

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              None of that really supports your implications.
              It shows that stricter testing was suggested by both Roach and Marquez. But stricter testing didn't happen.

My question is why? Manny certainly was in a position to insist on it.

Comment

It shows that stricter testing was suggested by both Roach and Marquez. But stricter testing didn't happen.

Roach said it was shot down by Arum, meaning he wouldn't pay for it. If i remember correctly Arum denied it though.

Comment

Still sounds like you're bickering with the Packsters, and with a weak argument at that. Why isn't anyone in boxing doing extra testing outside of Donaire? You're acting as if extra testing is the norm. No one is fooled. By all means, promote extra testing. But don't troll Pac fans, acting as if something odd is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Roach said it was shot down by Arum, meaning he wouldn't pay for it. If i remember correctly Arum denied it though.
                    I found the Arum quote. Seemed like he would only do testing inside the commission not vada,wada.

"Nobody suggested drug testing on either side
                    until the issue came up this week. Because if
                    the fighters had wanted drug testing I
                    would've given the issue to the commission
                    provided the commission would fund and the
                    commission would've run pre-fight blood and
                    urine tests. But nobody asked me."

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Why isn't anyone in boxing doing extra testing outside of Donaire? You're acting as if extra testing is the norm.
                      Don't forget that Mayweather also does testing above and beyond what the commissions require. Even if it's not 365 days a year like Nonito.

But that's besides the point. If Pac's camp was so suspicious of JMM before the fight, and especially so after the fight, why didn't they take him up on the offer to do more testing?

Comment

Working...
                      X