Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Now Faces Reeves, Confident of Shocking Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yarde has the power to hurt Kovalev, but I'd question his stamina.

A great fight for him would be someone like Chilemba. Someone who's tricky, who doesn't have a lot of power and who's going to give him rounds.

Comment

Yarde must like his alcohol cos he's clearly drunk here

Comment

This is the exact thing that Warren did with Ricky Hatton, the pull out and switch of opponents. If he fights Kovalev next then i would take everything i say back about Yarde and Tunde. But if i go by the Ricky Hatton/Warren blueprint then they aren't going to do the kovalev fight until the next 3 years or when the WBO belt is vacant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Yarde reminds me of Arthur in the film Arthur with Russell Brand.

Arthur did his boxercise with Evander and thought he could fight but got sparked out by his housekeeper Helen Mirren.

He gets up from the canvas, indignant.

‘But Evander!? You assured me I was indestructible!’

Yarde’s career path is insane if he gets in there with Kov.

You know us Brits in the main will get behind our guys because hype is always good.

But Yarde hasn’t even fought Burton, Spider Richards, Ricky Summers, Buglioni when he was about, Calum Johnson. It blows my mind.

At least with other domestic level fighters that got title shots - they actually fought at British title level
          Yep totally agree. Too much hype behind prospects in Brit boxing before they actually prove anything.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
            Kov would go all "Andre Ward" on Yarde's azz, catch him trying to throw one of his almost Wilder like looping punches and Crusher would pound him once on the side of the head then nail his midsection (borderline low) until Yarde kneels on the canvas. All the while receiving praise from S.O.G. Ward's commentary about how Kov learned from his two bouts with him and the teachings of McGirt.

Yarde is a specimen, no doubt about it, and (to me) looks like probably the best upcoming UK fighter, but in the ring with someone that experienced, lunging around the ring with hooks won't get it done.
            Just because he's a 'specimen' doesn't mean anything.
            There have been countless hype jobs in boxing with impressive physiques and 8 packs who got brutally exposed.
            No way is he the best Brit prospect. There are several others in various weight classes better than him.
            Buatsi is a far better bet to do anything at world level.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              They can't possibly make Yarde the Mando for beating Reeves...
              Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
              Love how hes bypassed any kind of real fight to set up hes title challenge. This is great management if your looking for a cash out. Masterful.
              Originally posted by Mastrangelo
              They will make him mandatory whenever Frank Warren asks WBO to make him mandatory, that's sad reality of this stupid business.

Reeves is ok. He was beating Murat well before He got stopped.
              If He fought Amar, it would be 50/50 fight... Amar seems fitter and more durable, more solid defensively - but Reeves is probably better offensive fighter.
              Same level of fight imo, still a step up for Yarde.
              Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              Yarde is the very definition of a hype job.

He is at best Euro level, maybe even domestic level as guys like Burton and Buatsi would beat him.

Looking like a murderer against Polish plumbers gives you a highlight reel but no real pedigree whatsoever.
              Originally posted by daggum View Post
              sir have you followed boxing? they can literally do whatever they want. they could make this fight for the title if they really wanted to. they really could. just look how davis got his title. he fought some guy not even in his division coming off a loss and they gave him a title...oh yeah while there was already a champ holding the belt and they simply demoted him lol! tanks belt now!
              ... WBO rankings:

1. Anthony Yarde
              2. Marcus Browne...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... WBO rankings:

1. Anthony Yarde
                2. Marcus Browne...
                That says it all doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  That says it all doesn't it?
                  I don't know what it says... Kovalev said he would only fight unification bouts... But what if he can't get any?...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    I don't know what it says... Kovalev said he would only fight unification bouts... But what if he can't get any?...
                    The fact that they would have Yarde over Browne says a lot to me. I don't think Kovalev would have any issues coming over here and destroying Yarde. But i doubt Team Yarde would even put him in with Kovalev at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      The fact that they would have Yarde over Browne says a lot to me. I don't think Kovalev would have any issues coming over here and destroying Yarde. But i doubt Team Yarde would even put him in with Kovalev at the moment.
                      ... at this stage, I guess that Kovalev is only after some big money fights, just next... so it depends...

Comment

Working...
                      X