Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Now Faces Reeves, Confident of Shocking Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Now Faces Reeves, Confident of Shocking Kovalev

Travis Reeves will now be in the opposite corner to Anthony Yarde at the Morningside Arena in Leicester on February 23 after original opponent Mehdi Amar was forced to withdraw due to injury. Reeves, 17-3-2, has suffered only one defeat in his last 17 fights in a challenge for the IBO world title against Karo Murat and last fought in January at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where he recorded a unanimous points victory over Lanell Bellows.
    [Click Here To Read More]

They can't possibly make Yarde the Mando for beating Reeves...

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
      They shouldn’t but they probably will...

I was actually looking forward to seeing him in with Amar, this is a sh**ty replacement

Comment

Love how hes bypassed any kind of real fight to set up hes title challenge. This is great management if your looking for a cash out. Masterful.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          He’s highly ranked and holds a couple of ridiculous wbo belts so they probably will. Seems sucidal to put him in with kovalev straight after this fight given the level of opposition he’s faced but I’ve been calling on him to step up for a while so if it happens good on him

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
            They will make him mandatory whenever Frank Warren asks WBO to make him mandatory, that's sad reality of this stupid business.

Reeves is ok. He was beating Murat well before He got stopped.
            If He fought Amar, it would be 50/50 fight... Amar seems fitter and more durable, more solid defensively - but Reeves is probably better offensive fighter.
            Same level of fight imo, still a step up for Yarde.
            I get what you’re saying but I think he could blow Reeves away, whilst Amar would’ve taken him rounds. We’d have found out if his power is legit or not against Amar

Comment

Lol another bum for Yarde, Kovalev would beat the **** out of him

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                They will make him mandatory whenever Frank Warren asks WBO to make him mandatory, that's sad reality of this stupid business.

Reeves is ok. He was beating Murat well before He got stopped.
                If He fought Amar, it would be 50/50 fight... Amar seems fitter and more durable, more solid defensively - but Reeves is probably better offensive fighter.
                Same level of fight imo, still a step up for Yarde.
                Shortly after Kov retires, Frank will set up a fight for the vacant belt vs someone terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  Lol another bum for Yarde, Kovalev would beat the **** out of him
                  Yarde wouldn’t take the fight anyway and even if he wanted to his manager will never let him and even if his manager said yes to the title shot Frank Warren will say no and even if Frank said yes Yarde will fake an injury

https://goo.gl/images/B85i7y

Comment

Not one good name on his resume!... but will shock Kovalev. lol

Comment

Working...
                    X