Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whyd you have to use a white guy id racist

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Go back to when Obama first won. who were the people waiting in lines all day to vote?
      The ones who weren't smart enough to early vote.

If the gov't gave everyone an ID when they turned 18 so they could vote, I'd have no issue.
      So more government freebies are the answer??

Comment

A number of republican lawmakers have admitted that voter ID laws are designed to suppress the vote in minority areas.

The id itself isn't the issue-it's the documentation needed to get the ID and the costs associated with getting the ID disproportionately affect poor and minorities and thus keep a large number of eligible voters away from the polls.

As an example see Wisconsin Presidential election in 2016. Many, including republicans,cite the voter ID laws established in 2016 as the reason Trump won in Wisconsin because the laws deflated the turnout of democratic voters.

You can read more about racism relative to voter id laws here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-study/517218/

A question Jim-why would you or any American support policy or law that make it harder for eligible voters to vote? Shouldn't we be making it easier so as many eligible voters as possible have a chance to have their vote counted?
        I think we touched on this before Dunn, but I'm sorry, the whole argument of I can't afford a $25 ID is quite bull****. And in a country of so many illegals I think its only logical to support a policy of showing an ID to vote.

Comment

give a me a ****ing break with this bull****. if the poor can file for government assistance to buy brand new jordans, they can file the paperwork to buy a voter id.

Comment

Just the opposite. Voter ID laws have been the rage since Obama got elected. Go back to when Obama first won.

who were the people waiting in lines all day, in the rain, in the heat, some up to 8 hours, to vote?

Why don't these states give everyone an ID when they turn 18 so they could vote? If they did, I'd have no issue.

However these are Republican controlled state legislatures making it as difficult as possible for the ID to be obtained.

It's clear what is being done and why.
            Exactly.........

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              If it's free and easy to get no problem but if not. It can be.

I have a voter's ID here and it's free.
              I believe if you're a senior citizen its free, but otherwise its like $30 to obtain an ID. Without an ID someone like you who might be visiting USA could just pop in during election year and cast your vote for one of the candidates.

Comment

If u can't get an id

You don't deserve to vote

Simple as

Comment

Asking for ID suppresses your voting rights, but asking for ID does not suppress your gun rights.

Liberal logic.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                    give a me a ****ing break with this bull****. if the poor can file for government assistance to buy brand new jordans, they can file the paperwork to buy a voter id.
                    A number of republican lawmakers have admitted that voter ID laws are designed to suppress the vote in minority areas.

The id itself isn't the issue-it's the documentation needed to get the ID and the costs associated with getting the ID disproportionately affect poor and minorities and thus keep a large number of eligible voters away from the polls.

As an example see Wisconsin Presidential election in 2016. Many, including republicans,cite the voter ID laws established in 2016 as the reason Trump won in Wisconsin because the laws deflated the turnout of democratic voters.

You can read more about racism relative to voter id laws here:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-study/517218/

A question Jim-why would you or any American support policy or law that make it harder for eligible voters to vote? Shouldn't we be making it easier so as many eligible voters as possible have a chance to have their vote counted?
                    Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    Jim, Dunn landed a solid jab to your face. Let's see if you will stick around for more punishment.

I believe Sir Barron answered that jab with a solid crushing Tua left hook Siablo.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      The ones who weren't smart enough to early vote.

So more government freebies are the answer??
                      Not everyone can vote early in the depending on where and when they work. For example, my wife goes in the AM while I watch the kids, then I go in the afternoon after work.

In this case , yes. The gov't knows (or can find out) who the eligible voters in its state are. This would surely make more voters turn out, which is what we want, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X