Collapse
No announcement yet.

**The Official Ronda Rousey Thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its fun watching her so-called fights. She is impressive. But lucky not to get KO'd at the weekend.

Does 12-0 really make her a legend already?

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      Its fun watching her so-called fights. She is impressive. But lucky not to get KO'd at the weekend.

You think? she was a bull, fought angry and Correia had nothing for her apart from one left hand that connected that Rousey walked through.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          You think? she was a bull, fought angry and Correia had nothing for her apart from one left hand that connected that Rousey walked through.
          I just mean that she was wreckless. She got what she wanted but gambled by trying to just brawl. No real defence.
          With those little gloves there seems a greater chance of being KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            That's just women's mma on a whole though.

Majority of these women just haven't dedicated the same time to fighting and martial arts as Ronda.

Holly Holm is the only bantam that I believe will present a danger to Ronda. Because Holly has put in WORK for YEARS. Check her resume.
            Her weakness is Rondas strength. Time and time again, these elite level strikers in kickboxing get starched in MMA simply because of the grappling factor they have to be worried about, the distance management and the gloves are small so you can't adopt an Alistair Overeem K1-esque guard to absorb punishment.

She hasn't looked anything special as of late, she is also past her athletic prime AND the UFC are REALLY overrating her standup. She has the edge on the feet but Ronda is VERY well-rounded in comparison, just less holes in her game man versus the best that counts A LOT. It's not going to be a Diaz-Cerrone kind of fight.

Comment

In MMGay it does

Comment

I just mean that she was wreckless. She got what she wanted but gambled by trying to just brawl. No real defence.
                Yeah she was reckless, showed no respect to her opponent whatsoever.

Women's mma is watchable imo, the Tate fight was decent the previous week too, she ate some bombs. When they start all that hugging on the ground you at least have the consolation that it's two women rolling around.

Comment

I'm sick of seeing people who aren't fans talk about her. What, she called out Mayweather and is now a feminist's wet dream?

Shit, I could call out Mayweather. Hey, he'd be just as likely to fight me!

Comment

i liked her better when she just submitted them.

her grappling is beautiful.

her striking is not.

Comment

I also loved how she went to Brazil to fight.
                      Imagine that....a great fighter proving they are great by fighting opponents in their backyard.

Comment

Working...
                      X