No announcement yet.

Listening to Ronnie Shields comments...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
    I think Canelo will fight like Canelo. Comparing fights/triangle theories is a mute point.
    Best case scenario would be to apply pressure like el perro did but applying smarter pressure. I doubt it he will. If canelo fights like canelo, it's going to be a long night for him.
    Last edited by damit305; 07-12-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

it will be canelos down fall if he tries to box with lara, he needs to cut off the ring and throw combinations

i can see lara dictating the fight though

lara UD/SD just because canelo is the house fighter

Comment

"a one dimensional fighter won't touch lara" lmao

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          "Both (Canelo & Lara) have two common opponents in Angulo and Trout. Canelo slipped passed Trout while Lara destroyed him." End of comment.

What's wrong with this comment, I'll let you pick your own brain with it.
          The term "destroyed" gets overused a lot, just like "overrated," "exposed," etc. Not to mention, that comment came from Lara's trainer. lol

Comment

Lara should be considered the favorite going into this fight because of his style alone... Canelo struggles with pure boxers... him beatdown of Angulo will have no reflection of this fight... we all watched Canelo try and box Floyd and when he was severly down on the scorecards he never produced the goods and put his balls to the wall... Canelos best bet is to fight like Ricky Hatton,Angulo and Margarito... he has to apply pressure but if he never did it against a puncher like Floyd we all know Laras hits way harder so what makes anyone think Canelo can win this fight?

He's not going to risk it so he ain't getting no biscuit

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
              Lara should be considered the favorite going into this fight because of his style alone... Canelo struggles with pure boxers... him beatdown of Angulo will have no reflection of this fight... we all watched Canelo try and box Floyd and when he was severly down on the scorecards he never produced the goods and put his balls to the wall... Canelos best bet is to fight like Ricky Hatton,Angulo and Margarito... he has to apply pressure but if he never did it against a puncher like Floyd we all know Laras hits way harder so what makes anyone think Canelo can win this fight?

He's not going to risk it so he ain't getting no biscuit
              I don't like the notion that Canelo struggles with pure boxers just yet. It wasn't even a notion until Canelo lost to Floyd.

I think he did okay against Trout, if you want to read too much into those fights so be it. I like to call it learning on the job considering his age and coming up in class of opponents.

IF (big IF) Lara schools Canelo tonight, I will be more agreeable to the notion that "Canelo struggles with pure boxers."

This will be a very telling fight for ME personally.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                I don't like the notion that Canelo struggles with pure boxers just yet. It wasn't even a notion until Canelo lost to Floyd.

I think he did okay against Trout, if you want to read too much into those fights so be it. I like to call it learning on the job considering his age and coming up in class of opponents.

IF (big IF) Lara schools Canelo tonight, I will be more agreeable to the notion that "Canelo struggles with pure boxers."

This will be a very telling fight for ME personally.
                Well I was wrong, I thought Canelo wouldn't put his balls to the wall but around the fourth round he upped the workrate and won a close fight imo..
                Lara should have plated his feet more and throw more bombs to keep Canelo off

Comment

Working...
                X