No announcement yet.

***The Official Book Readers Thread***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
    Base on your recommendation I will read this book in the near future. Have you finished reading it?
    It's one of the most exciting books I ever read. It's literally hard to put down.. because you need to see what happens next. It's like watching a good action movie.

The whole story is like that for a thousand pages. That book is one of the masterpieces of literature, and the greatest revenge epic of all time.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-12-2014, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
      It's one of the most exciting books I ever read. It's literally hard to put down.. because you need to see what happens next. It's like watching a good action movie.

The whole story is like that for a thousand pages. That book is one of the masterpieces of literature, and the greatest revenge epic of all time.
      Thanks for the review.

Comment

i like sci-fi and fantasy books

currently reading Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson

just finished:
        Asimov's Foundation series
        A Canticle for Leibowitz
        Lord of Light
        Night Angel Trilogy

Comment

2 or 3 months ago i've finished 1Q84...

damn, that thing was long...

maybe when im done with playing "beyond" on the PS3, i'll revisit milan kundera's unbearable lightness of being...

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
            Reading the Sandman by Neil Gaiman, I'll comment more when I finish the first book.

Comment

Finished Mockingjay. It was exactly how Dinamita broke it down.. Slow buildup, bout past midway point **** starts hitting the fan then you're slapped with puzzling new twists, great character development and some genuine wtf moments when you realize no one is safe. Bring on the films. RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman. Hope they wrapped filming before he passed away, I pictured him speaking every time whenever I read Plutarch Heavensbee's dialogue.

Started Maze Runner last week, 5 chapters in and my eyes are already glued to the pages. May have to put off American Gods for a time and actually read the entire trilogy of this series if the book continues to impress me. I'll also be rereading Sandman on the side.

Comment

I finished Adam Corollas book Not Taco Bell Material. Its pretty funny if you like his style of comedy/ political, societal commentary. Its a lot of the stories he tells on his podcast. I love the guy though because I can relate to him some ways. Not an atheist but if I ever became one he'd be the model, not a pretentious a$$ hole judging others for their faith.

Comment

Reading Brave New World by Huxley again.

Comment

Unbroken by laura hilldebrand... Great Story, very inspiring.. Finished it in two nights, it was that good...
                    If u dont like to read wait for the movie, premieres xmas 2014..

Comment

ludwig wittgenstein: the duty of genius, ray monk. thought it might be beneficial to place wittgenstein's work in some context before getting stuck into them. very impressive biography, probably the best i've read along with richard ellman's james joyce bio and of course boswell's life of samuel johnson.

fear and trembling, soren kierkegaard. i found the central argument regarding faith compelling even as a nontheist, and on another level the work is also a significant literary accomplishment, especially when read as a sort of elaborate apologia in defence of what kierkegaard viewed as his personal martyrdom.

imperium, ryszard kapuscinski. sprawling journalistic chronicle of the soviet union. i'm not far enough into it to form a verdict yet but i have previously enjoyed kapuscinski's account of haile selassie's ethiopia.

Comment

Working...
                      X