Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your favorite active boxer and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd because he's undefeated and got mad money

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Mine is Floyd "Money" Mayweather jr. He is a warrior in the ring, a champion, the p4p king, one of the best of our era, and the best technical boxer both offensively, and defensively in the sport. His dedication to the sport is second to none, his professionalism sets the standard in boxing, he ducks no one, will fight anyone, and does what's best for the sport of boxing.

He has a high ring IQ, a sharp straight right and a nice jab, good body work, great footwork, great head movement, he uses feints well, he sets traps, he frustrates opponents with his elusive come forward style.

Floyd will go down as an ATG when it's all said and done, I love watching him fight with his crowd pleasing style, and I love how he drives me and motivates me in the gym.
      Bolded made me LOL.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao

His heart & passion is a reminder of what makes this sport & it's legends so great

Comment

Originally posted by TonitosWay View Post
          Manny Pacquiao

His heart & passion is a reminder of what makes this sport & it's legends so great
          Great post!

Your sig reminded me of Shumenov, lol...

Comment

Miguel Cotto

-fights everyone
            -exciting, educated style
            -likable personality
            -is not Khan, Floyd or Manny

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
              Miguel Cotto

-fights everyone
              -exciting, educated style
              -likable personality
              -is not Khan, Floyd or Manny
              Good post! Cotto is a great pick.

Comment

Originally posted by toooooool View Post
                Simple...Floyd Mayweather because he beats everyone and is an all time
                great..we should appreciate him while he is still boxing for our entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
                  Manny Pacquiao, Lucian Bute, Shawny Portery.
                  I loved watching Bute catch a world class beating by the Cobra.

Comment

I was thinking about this and, honest to goodness I don't think I have one. I'm at the age where my favorite guys are all retired and/or dead. I rooted for guys like Ali, Tyson, Hagler, Kostya Tszyu, Oscar and Monzón. I loved following RJJ.

Today? I root against certain guys. I despise cheaters like Margacheato. I dislike bad people like Broner. I don't care who they fight I'm rooting for the other guy. Zab Judah was like that after going after the referee. It didn't matter who he fought, I'm rooting against his butt.

I'm not a particularly big fan of guys who duck fights or take absurd match-ups simply for money (Mayweather). Those are bad fights that give boxing a bad name. Rematch Pac and all is forgiven and I won't root for either guy, just for a better fight than last time. I don't dislike Tyson Fury but I think his style in the ring makes for bad viewing (who wants to see 12 round fights where 150 combined punches are landed?). I'm not fond of overt braggarts (Prince Nasseem Hamed) who seem to have little respect for their opponents. But basically if you're not an outright thug or overt cheat then I don't really care.

The vast majority of guys go into the ring and do their work and I don't root for any of them personally. I hope for a good fight. I watch boxing for the enjoyment of the sport. I guess that is why I'm often so dispassionate about the outcome. I really don't have a dog in the fight.

That comes with age, I guess.
                    Last edited by Granath; 02-07-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      Floyd because he's undefeated and got mad money
                      Savage post. Well said.

This thread is a gem.

Comment

Working...
                      X