Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saunders: I'd Love The Andrade Fight - There's Unfinished Business!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble is one is a brand and an icon and the other cannot sell himself on the street for peanuts , forget the rankings it's about marketability , economics dictates what Saunders is entitled to to be honest ..

Comment

Billy Joe Nobody Cares Anymore.

Comment

Is this the "unfinished business" that they never even started? Between this and the ridiculous Sergio Martinez article, the stories on this site are just making me glad I turned to other sports to watch as well as boxing. I love the art of boxing but there's just too much bull**** and nonsense in the business side of this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
          Canelo's vs Saunders would have been Canelo's first fight against guy in they're prime...too bad.
          How do you type, when you got a crack pipe in one hand and somebody's junk in the other?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Is he willing to fight Andrade @ 160? I doubt it! Either way, Andrade can't afford to turn down this fight, if Hearn can get it done.
            That's my curiosity too. If he is willing to go back to 160 props to him. If not then he is just blowing smoke to try and stay credible.

Comment

How can anyone take you seriously? I made an observation and it's true "Canelo's vs Saunders would have been Canelo's first fight against a top prime guy in years."

Time line: Cotto, Khan, Smith, Chavez, old Golovkin, PED pop, older Golovkin, Fielding drained down Jacobs (With a million dollar re-hydration / weight penalty) and a burnt out Kovalev. Five years and Canelo's most competitive threats came from a past prime Golovkin and drained down Jacobs. Maybe you thought that line up was competitive, but I did not. Moreover, I said Canelo was never going to offer Smith, Andrade, Saunders, Charlo or any other top guy at 160-168 a substantial contract. Not even a Deveryanchenko or Sulecki in the mix, both of which Canelo should beat but both more dangerous than anyone not named Jacobs or Golovkin.

Don’t get me wrong, Canelo's fan base would support Chavez II and I don’t blame him for taking advantage of the brand his promoter built. That said, IMHO, Canelo is a top dog but his fights are more about clever match making and little else.

BTW, your repetitive sexual references are noted and unnecessary, they add nothing. Not sure if you have a thing for men and don't care but this is not the place for that. This is about boxing an if you have a point of view make it but the other stuff is more information then we care to know.

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
              How do you type, when you got a crack pipe in one hand and somebody's junk in the other?
              Last edited by factsarenice; 07-07-2020, 01:35 PM. Reason: spelling, spelling grammer

Comment

Originally posted by Buggy bear View Post
                Trouble is one is a brand and an icon and the other cannot sell himself on the street for peanuts , forget the rankings it's about marketability , economics dictates what Saunders is entitled to to be honest ..
                You speak the truth, I don't like it but it is what it is.

Saunders has it in his head that Canelo is haveing trouble finding names that match well, stylistically or otherwise. I don't know if BJ is correct but he certainly thinks so.

Comment

What a load of bull****. He clearly lacks dedication.
                  Last edited by vital1983; 07-07-2020, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                    The same andrade that got dropped and split decision vanes matrosyan and got a gift decision again jack culcay? Please don’t make laugh. Not to mention he fought dirty as hell vs kanduoka to win that paper belt he has. Low blows and even hit him while he was down. I’m not a huge nelo fan but he would beat andrade soundly
                    The same... and a Canelo match would look and end with the same outcome. I'll lay money on that all day. I know because Andrade would take the fight for peanuts in a heart beat and so would Hearn...and so they wait. In the meantime Canelo's team offer everyone but Andrade because Canelo, Oscar and Robert Diaz lack your confidence, they see something and when I look further I see it too.. If they felt remotely as confident as their fan base they'd attempt to unify under DAZAN or make make an offer but they won't because one, Andrade would take it and 2, because Andrade would take it, lastly see 1 & 2..

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Is he willing to fight Andrade @ 160? I doubt it! Either way, Andrade can't afford to turn down this fight, if Hearn can get it done.
                      Andrade would take the fight and I have little doubt that Hearn if necessary, would subsidize additional funds. One because as you mention, Hearn has little choice and two, because Hearn truly believes that Andrade will beat Canelo. Hearn is a gambler, he beleived Danny would beat Canelo and put up a million for Jacobs weight penalty. As an added incentive Eddie Hearn would love to steal Canelo's popularity and Andrade is his best chance. It's not popular to say but I see Andrade as a bigger, longer, stronger Lara. The only way to beat Andrade is to pay the price to get inside and over power him or be tall and long enough to match him outside and Canelo is neither.

Comment

Working...
                      X