Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Oscar Deleyoya be the best 140 pounder in today's era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one at 140, TC included, beats Oscar...in fact, no one comes close. Oscar was a big guy, strong as a bull, granite chin and power in both hands, especially the left jab and hook. On top of all that, he had a boxing IQ second to none. None of these wishy washy, 5'6''-5'7'' small 140 pounders can touch him.

Having said that, I don't think Oscar would have stayed long at 140 even in today's climate.

Comment

That's a pretty good match-up. I say Oscar, he was better at the lower weights than the higher ones.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
        That's a pretty good match-up. I say Oscar, he was better at the lower weights than the higher ones.
        Do you think he would be p4p number 1 today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          With Terence Crawford dominating the division they way he is today do you think that Oscar at 140 would be able to challenge him for the number 1 position in the division?

Prime? No doubt dude. There's no question.

I really like Crawford and consider him #1 but he would be a distant 2 to a lion like ODLH.

Comment

Could you break that fight down, please? He did have a little trouble with Pernell so how does he beat Crawford when Crawford is very smiliar to Pernell.

Comment

Oscar in his prime especially at 140 and lower was a BEAST. Not only does he beat all fighters today at 140 including Crawford but he does it EASILY. Crawford was getting wobbled by little Gamboa just imagine what a left hook by Oscar does to him? Oscar beat fighters much better and bigger then crawford. His chin held up all the way to huge punchers at 154. So little Crawford can't hurt Oscar and in his prime his hands were lightning quick. Oscar could outbox or out slug him. Got idiots comparing crawford to sweat pea? SMH

Comment

With Terence Crawford dominating the division they way he is today do you think that Oscar at 140 would be able to challenge him for the number 1 position in the division?
                who has crrawford beaten that makes you think he is so great?

Comment

Oscar wins he was big for that with class and had good boxing skills

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                    They move very similar Crawford just has better footwork and worse defense. Crawford is also better at cutting off the ring. Crawford is like an offensive version of Floyd with better power and footwork

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
                      who has crrawford beaten that makes you think he is so great?
                      Eye test. I dont believe he beats manny, floyd, spence, brook, or thirman though.

Comment

Working...
                      X