Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was in London talking to a Philipino, today??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was in London talking to a Philipino, today??

A security guard, working at the old Arsenal Stadium. Obviously he was a big Manny fan! He seems to believe the fight with Floyd isn't happening because Manny doesn't want to take any tests 7 days before the fight! Apparently it makes Manny weak he said. I asked him if he understood what random meant. He did. So I said testing up to the day of the fight doesn't necessarily mean they'll do it. Just that they might. Manny does not want to be drug tested 7 days into fight. Thats his stance. Floyd just wants him o co-operate if they show up! He said that's fair!! Ding-Ding!!

On another note, if all Pacquiao fans (no disrespect, I love watching Manny too); can confirm that Manny has indeed agreed to all the testing terms, why the big hoohaa when Floyd first asked.

Don't get upset.

Manny wanted things at the negotiating table, which could be perceived as gaining an advantage, gloves (Floyd's brittle hands), ring-size (Floyd can't run), $10million penalty per lb. over 147 (not an advantage as Floyd always in impeccable shape!!!

Floyd asks for Manny to agree to random drug testing 14 days outside the fight initially. Why did Manny really say no? There were untold excuses. Mental, Physical, Spiritual, Egotistical (Floyd not commission) etc.

Calm down.

What Floyd asked for was not a terrible thing. Think about if the shoe was on the other foot, we'd crucify Floyd for not agreeing to be randomly tested. Funny enough he agrees to be randomly tested also. But all these Boxers under Top Rank can't make Manny or Arum do ****.

Ben Johnson fooled the whole world in 1988 and look what happened? You can't play boxing. One shot can end your life. Yes, let's punish Floyd for being suspicious. Question his manhood and bravery. But the best way to punish Floyd is to test negative and go on to knock him out.

Hold on...

An even playing field for all please. And stop all this racial hatred. None of you guys are getting in the ring for anyone. People get hurt in the ring, you guys just get on with your lives. Replay knockouts on youtube and giggle like girls.

Ali can't wipe his a$$ anymore, but he's still the greatest right??

Sorry for the long-a$$ thread...

Peace.

Originally posted by master_rose View Post
    A security guard, working at the old Arsenal Stadium. Obviously he was a big Manny fan! He seems to believe the fight with Floyd isn't happening because Manny doesn't want to take any tests 7 days before the fight! Apparently it makes Manny weak he said. I asked him if he understood what random meant. He did. So I said testing up to the day of the fight doesn't necessarily mean they'll do it. Just that they might. Manny does not want to be drug tested 7 days into fight. Thats his stance. Floyd just wants him o co-operate if they show up! He said that's fair!! Ding-Ding!!

On another note, if all Pacquiao fans (no disrespect, I love watching Manny too); can confirm that Manny has indeed agreed to all the testing terms, why the big hoohaa when Floyd first asked.

Don't get upset.

Manny wanted things at the negotiating table, which could be perceived as gaining an advantage, gloves (Floyd's brittle hands), ring-size (Floyd can't run), $10million penalty per lb. over 147 (not an advantage as Floyd always in impeccable shape!!!

Floyd asks for Manny to agree to random drug testing 14 days outside the fight initially. Why did Manny really say no? There were untold excuses. Mental, Physical, Spiritual, Egotistical (Floyd not commission) etc.

Calm down.

What Floyd asked for was not a terrible thing. Think about if the shoe was on the other foot, we'd crucify Floyd for not agreeing to be randomly tested. Funny enough he agrees to be randomly tested also. But all these Boxers under Top Rank can't make Manny or Arum do ****.

Ben Johnson fooled the whole world in 1988 and look what happened? You can't play boxing. One shot can end your life. Yes, let's punish Floyd for being suspicious. Question his manhood and bravery. But the best way to punish Floyd is to test negative and go on to knock him out.

Hold on...

An even playing field for all please. And stop all this racial hatred. None of you guys are getting in the ring for anyone. People get hurt in the ring, you guys just get on with your lives. Replay knockouts on youtube and giggle like girls.

Peace.
    well written & thought out

Comment

Green K nice post, not rude, sticks to the facts and explains why Amir Khan has more chance of fighting Floyd Mayweather than Manny.

Problem is the way roger talks...they are NOT going to the negotiating table, nevermind having items on the table.

You trash talk before you even get to the table you are not asking for a shot. you are simply being lame.

If I was Manny and I wanted to show up Floyd I would simply get tested OST, like Floyd says, for the Mosley fight and laugh at the Mayweathers while I bung another 7 figure sum in the bank.

Comment

I find you can't talk sensibly to casual Pacquiao fans who maybe know one other boxer named Nonito Donaire (maybe).

As a Filipino-American, I cringe whenever I hear casual Pacquiao fans bash on Mayweather to no end (not that he doesn't deserve it more often than not, but Pacquiao is far from sacrosanct in terms of the negotiations).

Comment

In case you missed this thread --> http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=427145

Comment

If I was Manny I would be the bigger man and take the tests and knock out Floyd for the world to see..... that seriously would've been amazing but its too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
              If I was Manny I would be the bigger man and take the tests and knock out Floyd for the world to see..... that seriously would've been amazing but its too late.
              i don't think its too late. the damage has been done, its true, but pac could still challenge floyd and take the test after he beats mosley (assuming that he wins over mosley of course).

they could schedule a November fight for that.

Comment

Originally posted by master_rose View Post

Don't get upset.

Calm down.

Hold on...

Peace.
                pity that floyd jr. didn't agree to pac's 7 days, considering he offered 14 days in the first place....

then again, pac could take on floyd jr's bluff and agree to testing up to the fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
                  I find you can't talk sensibly to casual Pacquiao fans who maybe know one other boxer named Nonito Donaire (maybe).

As a Filipino-American, I cringe whenever I hear casual Pacquiao fans bash on Mayweather to no end (not that he doesn't deserve it more often than not, but Pacquiao is far from sacrosanct in terms of the negotiations).
                  High and mighty arent we? You honestly think you are more of a boxing fan then the lowly pinoys who only know Pacquiao (maybe donaire)? Who are you to even assume that. I have heard that being used by others on here to insult Pinoys, does it make it true? Most Mexicans and blacks I talk to don't know **** about boxing, and some do, as do some Filipinos who may or may not know about boxing. Educate yourself and stop being a crab. I hate pinoys who bash on pinoys to gain the favor of non pinoys, trying to say they are more superior because there mommy spoke to them in english growing up.
                  Last edited by Alibata; 03-08-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen

Comment

Working...
                    X