No announcement yet.

Mental toughness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental toughness

Identify what level your at. Try upp the level.
    Last edited by pacquiao-king; 10-27-2010, 03:37 PM.

playing to improve id say im at

Comment

Where did you get that graph? interesting..

Comment

Quite interesting. Green K permitted.

Comment

I'd have to say playing to win, the words playing to win didn't really do nothing for me cause i don't care about winning since i don't compete right now. But the paragraph describes me rather well.

I'm one of the most disciplined guys in the gym, i train hard, spar hard, don't cheat, never give up and always want to get better. Always open to need training techniques.

Comment

That is a fantastic graphic, works for all areas of life, or any endeavor. I'm not a competitive boxer (so yea, all of you can probably easily kick my butt), but I've been a serious musician all my life, and I've definitely gone through all phases of this pyramid. You do get to that point where you cannot fail, you can only learn and grow - that's what its all about, all the other levels are ego driven and end up biting you in the ass. Once practice and discipline get to the point where they are second nature and a part of the core of your being, you stop any comparisons or thoughts based on pure ego and let all that useless bravado go.

The part of the graphic that says 'fear does not exist at this level' its totally true. It gets to the point where any 'mistake' is an interesting opportunity, its simply another avenue to discover, which almost exponentially builds to other improvements. When I was a young teenager I heard the phrase "play every note like its your last" because life is unpredictable, it can all be gone is a second, I also train that way (in my basement home boxing gym) and although I am not qualified in the slightest to give any boxing advice, I'd say in general follow that approach, box like its your last moments on earth, you never know after all - fear will not even exist anymore. When throwing punches, I personally find it very intense and liberating to have this philosophy in mind.

Comment

nice, thanks!

Comment

I'm in the middle....i want to be at the top...but i think people like Prince Naseem and Muhammed Ali come under that confidence catagory

Comment

To all, its from the ebook "mental secrets"
                  Last edited by pacquiao-king; 10-27-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

would u recomend that ebook? if so could you send a link for it? thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X