Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more famous?: Mike Tyson or Michael Jordan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Casual View Post
    Football FINAL Manchester United vs Chelsea was brought in over 100+ million viewers but does this mean some players of their team are more known globally now? No. Boxing is far more global then NBA to think otherwise is laughable. Oh and so is what you call Soccer, im sorry you didn't want to hear that!
    not NBA, but basketball overall IS bigger than boxing. And to tell you the truth I would think that Wayne Rooney is a very well known name worldwide comparing it to kobe Bryant

Comment

• Originally posted by 120 View Post
      not NBA, but basketball overall IS bigger than boxing. And to tell you the truth I would think that Wayne Rooney is a very well known name worldwide comparing it to kobe Bryant
      It's not bigger than boxing.

Christ, are we going to go over this again?

Comment

• Originally posted by iŠoL View Post
        Russia
        Ukraine
        Denmark
        Poland

Boxing has and never will be a top sport for any European country. There are a lot more boxing fans then there are basketball fans. Boxing is gaining more popularity in Europe now. But it's always been a big American sport.

Basketball is very very small in Britain and I'd guess for most of Europe. Unless they have one big star who plays in the NBA. Much like Denmark and Kessler.
        Basketball is huge in Greece...

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
          Basketball is huge in Greece...
          Yeah, look where that got them.

Are there any Greeks in the NBA?

Comment

• I can appreciate how big Jordan was in America. I mean the guy was probably on millions of young people's walls when they were growing up. So with that in mind I can understand that some of you are probably letting your emotions take over here. Honestly though, if you think he really is bigger globally than Tyson, you are just fooling yourselves.

Oh, and I know there are trolls who will just disagree for the fun of it. But unfortunately, most of you are probably sincere.

Underboss, I suggest you ask questions like these on more mature forums in future. You know what this place is like.

Comment

Yeah, look where that got them.

Are there any Greeks in the NBA?
              IDK

I think basketball is the national sport there or something.

come to think of it, spain has a popular basketball league too. i saw a Real Madrid-Barcelona basketball match on TV one time. they even had the same shirts as the soccer teams

Comment

No one would know who kobe is in europe unless they take interest in basketball thats the point im trying to get across. You dont need to be a boxing fan to know who Tyson is that's the thing man. Jordan is known dont get me wrong but if i ask a kid between 12-15 they will say who's that? If i said you know Mike Tyson? They'd say 'Yeah, that's the man who bites peoples ears off and beats people up' It's just how it is, not that Tyson should be proud of that either thats just how it is.

Comment

It's not bigger than boxing.

Christ, are we going to go over this again?
                  funny how u can critic yanks yet u can be so close-minded

never mind im out

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
                    IDK

I think basketball is the national sport there or something.

come to think of it, spain has a popular basketball league too. i saw a Real Madrid-Barcelona basketball match on TV one time. they even had the same shirts as the soccer teams
                    Basketball is popular in Greece.

But football is the national sport.

Concerning Spain, football is by far the biggest sport there.

Comment

funny how u can critic yanks yet u can be so close-minded

never mind im out
                      I'm not close minded.

But when talking about how big Tyson/Jordan are worldwide, it's kind of annoying to have Americans saying Jordan is without providing a reason. Then when Kevin brought up Air Jordan, I'd never heard of them.

Like I said, regarding Michael Jordan I will always remember Space Jam. I know he's a basketball player, but I'll always remember Space Jam.

Mike Tyson is much more recognisable then Jordan. Tyson has that voice, the facial tattoo. Jordan has what?

Comment

Working...
                      X