No announcement yet.

Roy Jone's STYLE vs Ali's STYLE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jone's STYLE vs Ali's STYLE

Ok so if these guys were the same size, same chin, same everything except for styles and they fought which would come out on top?

Basically Ali vs a 6"3 Iron Jawed Roy Jones?
    Ali
    42.86%
    A 6 foot 3 228lb Roy Jones with an Iron Jaw
    57.14%

If you're telling me Roy's speed and reflexes translate at that size, plus he has an iron chin, that's the greatest fighter ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
      Ok so if these guys were the same size, same chin, same everything except for styles and they fought which would come out on top?

Basically Ali vs a 6"3 Iron Jawed Roy Jones?

How can you ask this question and say..............same chin ?

Ali had a better chin so why make Roy's as good as Ali's to give him a better chance at a favorable outcome ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
        How can you ask this question and say..............same chin ?

Ali had a better chin so why make Roy's as good as Ali's to give him a better chance at a favorable outcome ?
        he's pretty much asking which style beats the other

but the thing is ali was one dimensional and roy jones was a big puncher that carried his punching power well, if he was 6'3 , even tho ali has a great jaw, there would be a high percentage in ali being stopped in the championship rounds

ali's style = jab to the head, keep distance
        roy's style = in and out, power shots
        Last edited by Chr0nic; 07-14-2009, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Oh no!

Silly posts starting to creep in on the HISTORY of the sport..
          To avoid embarrassment, please put this crap on Fantasy Fights..

C'mmon! Just look at the poll... Sorry.... I don't want to be invoved...

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
            Oh no!

Silly posts starting to creep in on the HISTORY of the sport..
            To avoid embarrassment, please put this crap on Fantasy Fights..

C'mmon! Just look at the poll... Sorry.... I don't want to be invoved...
            that poll is proof that some people are just ******ed for fighters of the past

Comment

I think one should rather hypothesize about that matchup with both fighters at their normal size and capabilities. To me, the heavyweight version of Roy Jones was very similiar to one of Alis real life opponents. I am talking about Floyd Patterson. Similiar to Patterson, Roy was a natural light heavy, had tremendous reflexes, speed and power, a terrific left hook and a somewhat unusual boxing style. Both fighters also had a glass jaw. Still, Patterson was a mainstay in the heavyweight division for almost twenty years and held the championship twice. In the first fight with Muhammad Ali, he allegedly had back problems and was completely outclassed. In the second fight (Floyds last fight at age 37), he gave Ali a very good tussle and was leading on the cards, but was stopped on a severe cut. Of note, Patterson was floored a million times by other fighters, but Ali never managed to drop him. I still think that Ali would beat Jones, but I could envision a somewhat competitive fight fought on similiar terms as the Ali-Patterson rematch. A Liston-type puncher would easily beat Jones, as easily as he beat Patterson twice. Styles make fights!

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
                that poll is proof that some people are just ******ed for fighters of the past
                I love you're avatar.. But keep the posts sensible..
                A 6'3" 228lb iron jawed Jones would OBVIOUSLY win... But he hasn't showed up over the last 1000,000 years.. Please! stop it! You're killing me loooool...

Comment

hey i did'nt make the thread

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
                    hey i did'nt make the thread
                    Sorry mate! Looked like you was backing it.. Seems like the opposite now... Cool! Love the avatar lol....

Comment

Working...
                    X