No announcement yet.

Why Muhammad Ali betrayed Malcolm X Part 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
    how many of you in this thread are actually BLACK?
    This thread is over FIVE years old, so who really cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      This thread is over FIVE years old, so who really cares?
      blacks are not limited to TIME
      other are,
      we aren't.

Comment

Don't think I've ever seen such a random and childish bump before.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
          Part 2:

"They think everyone's out to kill them because they know they deserved to be killed for what they did."-Muhammad Ali

Death threats:
          The death threats rattled Malcolm, but they did not demoralize him. Treachery did that. "Worse than death there was betrayal." He would concede. And no betrayal cut as deeply as Ali's. Ali's public rejection of Malcolm, "hurt Malcolm more than any other person turning away that I know of," Betty Shabazz, Malcolm's wife tells Hauser.

On Christmas Day 1964, in a Boston hotel room, a group of Muslims posing as newsmen, severly beat Ali's press secretary, Leon 4X Ameer. Although working for Ali, Ameer had remained close to Malcolm, a risky show of loyallty. Two weeks later after the assault, Ameer held a press conference in Harlem's Theresa Hotel. He expressed his fears that Ali might be killed in "Black Muslim in-fighting" and regretted that the spiritual sense of the nation was "just about dead."

The betrayal:
          Either out of fear or a feudal sense of obligation to the Messenger, Ali held a press conference at the Theresa the same day. "Ameer's nothing to me," he said. "He was welcomed as a friend as long as he was a registered Muslim, but not anymore." When asked if Ameer should fear for his life, Ali answered coldly; "They think everyone's out to kill them because they know they deserved to be killed for what they did." His "they" included Malcolm X.

Two days later, at the Audubon Ballroom of all the fateful places, Ali told a Fruit of Islam gathering that "the white press" had decieved Malcolm into thinking he was the Nation's number 2 man, and now he is "diillusioned". Soon after, Muhammad Speaks accused Ameer of plotting to kill Elijah Muhammad and ran a "wanted" poster with Ameer's picture.

As the death threats morphed into murder plots, Betty Shabazz begged Ali's intercession. "You see what they are doing to my husband, don't you?" She pleaded after a chance encounter with Ali at the Theresa. Ali blew her off, disingenuously raising his hands in the air saying, "I'm not doing anything to him."

The beginning of the end:
          Two days before his death, and five days after a Muslim death squad had burned down his house, Malcolm X concluded that "brotherhood" was the only thing that could save this country." I've learned it the hard way," Malcolm regretted, "but I've learned it." As he feared, he had one harder lesson to learn.

The fatal plot centered on the Newark mosque. 60 minutes, among other sources, has implicated Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan in the plot's orchestration, a charge he denies. As the FBI reported, Farrakhan had driven to Boston from Newark early that morning. He was at the mosque when several Muslim brothers caught up with Malcolm X at the Audobon Ballroom in Harlem. They rose up during his speech and blasted away.

The autopsy report lists "fifteen "shotgun and other caliber bullet wounds." Betty Shabazz was there with her four children. "She heard shots," reads the chilling NYPD report. "She pushed the children under the stairs in the box and covered them with her body. She then heard someone say, "Oh, my God! Oh, my God!" As Malcolm understood all too well, his own chickens had finally come home to roost. Two soilders from the Fruit of Islam would be convicted for his murder.

A week after Malcolm's murder, Elijah Muhammad predictably declined all responsibity at the annual Saviours Day rally in Chicago. "They know I loved Malcolm," he contended. "His foolish teaching brought him to his own end." Sitting prominently behind the Messenger on the platform and affirming his every word was Muhammad Ali.

Two weeks after that, Ameer called the FBI and agreed to help identify the shooters. He never got the chance. The next day, he was found dead in his hotel room of unknown causes.

"Ali is my friend and my brother" -Malcolm X

Excerpts taken from:
          Sucker Punch:The hard left hook that dazed Ali and killed King's dream by Jack Cashill

Next Week: Ali's betrayal of Frazier

"Do I look like a Gorilla?"- Joe Frazier
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=430276
          Despite a gargantuan personality Ali had average intelligence. He trained to hit people in the head. The thing about gargantuan egos is they think they have things under control and know what is going on around them at all times when they do not. He was used to people elbowing and vying for his attention. These moslem thugs wanted more than a picture next to the champ. The champ figured he could pull out or back off whenever he wanted to, mold things to his liking, until he saw that was not the black moslem way. You are ours, was the message.

He was a great ring general but a poor life general. I cannot fault an uneducated boxer for not having a scholar's wide historical perspective. Moslem thugs introduced him to a radical, narrow history. As usual, white or black, all the people talking at him were wizard-level manipulators from dark corners. Ali was a manipulator of the camera and peoples' affections. They needed him, and jealously they wanted him. Some Joe on the street might get away from them, but not this catch.

The message in a bullet guaranteed Ali's cooperation with his moslemian masters and settled other problems for them, as well. His personna was subsumed into theirs. He became a public front for those who murdered a friend. I don't think that was the choice of a man with free will and quite a bit of feeling in him. He knew what was good for him, as in life versus death.

Comment

Agree with your point. And i also say that playing with both sides is not a easy job.

Comment

Working...
            X