No announcement yet.

Broner still a hypejob?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Best eye hand coordination in boxing right now! Don't know why he's compared to Mayweather other than hand positioning this kid comes to fight!!
    Methodically broke that guy down and could have stopped him by the fourth round if he pressed him beginning in the second!
    Still want to see him take a few solid shots but for now he's an outstanding fighter!
    If the guy he fought is a top ten ranked boxer in the world that must be an extremely weak division the guy had minimal skills at best! Ray.
    yeah i agree all mayweather does is run forest run. this kid actually wants to bang

Comment

He's a good fighter. One thing that concerns me about the way he fights is how he keeps his mouth open a lot. Anyone else notice that? He's just asking for a broken jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        People think he s hype job because he's gotten 2 gift decisions in his career already. Everyone knows he's talented but he's already shown that he is very beatable.
        good point but people do improve especially the young

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
          He's a good fighter. One thing that concerns me about the way he fights is how he keeps his mouth open a lot. Anyone else notice that? He's just asking for a broken jaw.
          It's been brought up. Broner likes to yell, "HA!" every time he throws a punch. I agree; he could pay for that annoying little habit some day.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
            This is boxing not college football and you are aloud to get better. Boxers usually improve the most their first three to four yrs. The PDL fight was what 2 yrs ago. So he had a couple bad outings, are you gonna hold that against him his entire carreer. Dudes 23 with 5 kids who knows what was in his head leading up to the fight.
            holy **** 5 kids at 23? no wonder he's in the gym all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              How do you haters see him now?

Is he still a hypejob in your eyes?

Or have you changed your mind?

He may well never be as good as Mayweather, i doubt many ever will but Broner is a special talent.

You haters better recognise.

Canelo will be next to shut you haters up.
              I never said he was a hype job but I am a hater. He is very talented but still a childish azhole

Comment

I never really thought he was a hypejob. What I wasn't sure about is how serious he was about his craft. He jokes & clowns around so much it threw me off, but he made it clear that when the bell rings it's time to go to work. I also believe he has learned & improved since the Ponce fight.

Comment

I'm beginning to think perhaps I'm setting too high a standard for the kid. The fact that his style appears to be a blatant rip-off is a turnoff. But perhaps, subconsciously, I'm constantly comparing him to Floyd because of it. The truth is, Broner is a pretty good young champ with plenty of room for improvement. However, I'm not convinced he's the next big thing. I still see flaws that his opponents have been too weak or unskilled to take advantage of. And I doubt anyone will until he hits 140. Maybe he improves some more by then but I don't see him being dominant at that weight.

Comment

Broner is the truth. lb for lb #1 in 2 years. Mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      I'm beginning to think perhaps I'm setting too high a standard for the kid. The fact that his style appears to be a blatant rip-off is a turnoff. But perhaps, subconsciously, I'm constantly comparing him to Floyd because of it. The truth is, Broner is a pretty good young champ with plenty of room for improvement. However, I'm not convinced he's the next big thing. I still see flaws that his opponents have been too weak or unskilled to take advantage of. And I doubt anyone will until he hits 140. Maybe he improves some more by then but I don't see him being dominant at that weight.
                      Like every up and coming fighter, we'll find out when he's truley tested.

My worry is, he's been tested by weaker opposition than I'd like.

Everyone hits a stumbling block or two at the start of their career, when they are still learning. Some against lesser fighter than others. Broner has hit those already with Quintero and Ponce DeLeon.

But, it seems like he's improving. I think the Broner in the ring last night is certainly better than the Broner who struggled with Ponce DeLeon.

I see Broner as someone with a whole lot of potential and he's in the shadow of an ATG, whether he likes it or not, the standards are going to be set to the very highest for him.

He's doing almost everything right so far though. I just want see how he deals with a real, top top fighter.

If say, he cleans out 135, which I think is inevitable, then moves up to 140 and dominates Matthysee for example, then I'll know all I need to.

Comment

Working...
                      X