No announcement yet.

Pac had a 50% KO percentage at 130, whilst Floyd 62%

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    All I know is you don't have your own opinion all you have is other peoples opinion, so your words are quite hollow.

Plus your whole opinion on the era is based off google searches and year end rankings not watching the fighters from that period.

Solis is no better than the dudes I listed so calling him top ten and bringing him up as something special shows how shallow you are. What year was he top ten?

Oh I didn't say they were snubbed or anything of the sort, I merely said they were not any worse than the guys that rank 6-10 and past accomplishment really don't mean very much when talking about the present in terms of fighting capabilities. Which is precisely why the Ring has a flawed system
    you aren't making any sense. i'm saying its my opinion some of the guys floyd fought weren't very good or worthy of being in the top 10. you aren't having an opinion by saying they were all about equal. you would see they aren't equal if you look at actual resumes instead of solely relying on your memory of what happened over ten years ago.

still wondering why you are pretending guys like carlos gerena and carlos rios were good fighters. you can't say one bad thing about floyd i guess. everyone he fought was really good and deserved a shot in your mind. these guys weren't in the top 10 because they didn't do anything or beat anyone good. how do you not understand this? the guys in the top 10 did something notable fairly recent and that's why they are in the top 10. you apparently want rankings to be completely based on fantasy which is absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      you aren't making any sense. i'm saying its my opinion some of the guys floyd fought weren't very good or worthy of being in the top 10. you aren't having an opinion by saying they were all about equal. you would see they aren't equal if you look at actual resumes instead of solely relying on your memory of what happened over ten years ago.

still wondering why you are pretending guys like carlos gerena and carlos rios were good fighters. you can't say one bad thing about floyd i guess. everyone he fought was really good and deserved a shot in your mind. these guys weren't in the top 10 because they didn't do anything or beat anyone good. how do you not understand this? the guys in the top 10 did something notable fairly recent and that's why they are in the top 10. you apparently want rankings to be completely based on fantasy which is absurd.
      You were the one that brought in Solis as top ten, if he is top ten those guys are all his equal.

Those guys were all contenders some more fringe than others but they were still guys that had been around in that division and won far more than they lost.

You never saw what happened ten years ago so you trying to make a point about it is meaningless, you know nothing of that time frame so quit trying to act like you are knowledgeable, all you know is what you are told.

I don't care about rankings and anyone that relies on them to tell them what fighters are or are not is severely limited in what they know.

Comment

You were the one that brought in Solis as top ten, if he is top ten those guys are all his equal.

Those guys were all contenders some more fringe than others but they were still guys that had been around in that division and won far more than they lost.

You never saw what happened ten years ago so you trying to make a point about it is meaningless, you know nothing of that time frame so quit trying to act like you are knowledgeable, all you know is what you are told.

I don't care about rankings and anyone that relies on them to tell them what fighters are or are not is severely limited in what they know.
        i'm sure you had the carlos rios career set on dvd. i'm sure you were at every carlos gerena fight waving a big poster of gerena's face. why are you pretending like you watched all of these guys fights? why are you pretending like you watched every 130 pounders fights from ten years ago?

what a smart person does is they look at all the evidence then make a decision. you are throwing out most of the evidence and only relying on your memory which is patchy because no one person can see every fight. maybe you thought they were good ten years ago and you were wrong?

when you look at these guys resumes compared to the guys in the top 10 you can see they aren't on the same level but you refuse to do this because you are only using a small sample size of your memory. it's impossible to make rankings based on only the fights you see. you have to use other outlets like boxrec to see the whole landscape. what it boils down to is these guys never had that big win or that championship pedigree that boosted them into the rankings like the other guys did.

Comment

i'm sure you had the carlos rios career set on dvd. i'm sure you were at every carlos gerena fight waving a big poster of gerena's face. why are you pretending like you watched all of these guys fights? why are you pretending like you watched every 130 pounders fights from ten years ago?

what a smart person does is they look at all the evidence then make a decision. you are throwing out most of the evidence and only relying on your memory which is patchy because no one person can see every fight. maybe you thought they were good ten years ago and you were wrong?

when you look at these guys resumes compared to the guys in the top 10 you can see they aren't on the same level but you refuse to do this because you are only using a small sample size of your memory. it's impossible to make rankings based on only the fights you see. you have to use other outlets like boxrec to see the whole landscape. what it boils down to is these guys never had that big win or that championship pedigree that boosted them into the rankings like the other guys did.
          I did see them fight~ so I know more about them than you do. I make it my business to see out there fights and know about guys other people care little for~

You have no knowledge so quit trying to act knowledgeable, thanks for admitting it though~ look some more up on google instead of watching actual fights I am sure you will find the answer there~

Comment

I did see them fight~ so I know more about them than you do. I make it my business to see out there fights and know about guys other people care little for~

You have no knowledge so quit trying to act knowledgeable, thanks for admitting it though~ look some more up on google instead of watching actual fights I am sure you will find the answer there~
            still pretending you see every fighter and every single fight in boxing history? still pretending you have the carlos rios career set even though most of his fights weren't televised and took place in argentina? yeah maybe you flew down there for all his fights just to attend. could have saved you some time by telling you every time he stepped up he lost and every time he fought a bum he won. in your mind that makes him top 10!

maybe you had to watch the actual fights to determine if he was good but i figured it out pretty quickly(he's not) just by looking at his resume. this calls into question your eyesight if you think a guy who got beat every time he stepped up is really top 10 worthy. maybe everybody who fights floyd mayweather gets an automatic top 10 ranking just for taking the fight?

Comment

still pretending you see every fighter and every single fight in boxing history? still pretending you have the carlos rios career set even though most of his fights weren't televised and took place in argentina? yeah maybe you flew down there for all his fights just to attend. could have saved you some time by telling you every time he stepped up he lost and every time he fought a bum he won. in your mind that makes him top 10!

maybe you had to watch the actual fights to determine if he was good but i figured it out pretty quickly(he's not) just by looking at his resume. this calls into question your eyesight if you think a guy who got beat every time he stepped up is really top 10 worthy. maybe everybody who fights floyd mayweather gets an automatic top 10 ranking just for taking the fight?
              Keep on googling and looking at boxrec, I like boxrec to but it is really only useful if you know the names and have seen the guys.

For someone like yourself that have not seen very many guys it really does not have much weight. Like your hollow words and opinions~

Comment

• Look at the late age Martinez bloomed into a great. Different fighters have different trajectories. It doesn't mean they are cheating. Going by this rationale one would have to conclude Floyd is also cheating since he has gone from 105 to 147.

Comment

Keep on googling and looking at boxrec, I like boxrec to but it is really only useful if you know the names and have seen the guys.

For someone like yourself that have not seen very many guys it really does not have much weight. Like your hollow words and opinions~
                  yeah i do know the names and every time carlos rios stepped up and fought a name he got beat. same with the other guys. in your mind that is worthy of a top 10 rankings for some odd reason. maybe he didn't get knocked out that hard on video? maybe that's why he should be in the top 10?

Comment

yeah i do know the names and every time carlos rios stepped up and fought a name he got beat. same with the other guys. in your mind that is worthy of a top 10 rankings for some odd reason. maybe he didn't get knocked out that hard on video? maybe that's why he should be in the top 10?
                    You have no real knowledge of the names, just what you get told through google and from whatever opinions that happen to be floating around~

That is not knowledge~ that is being a parrot.

Comment

You have no real knowledge of the names, just what you get told through google and from whatever opinions that happen to be floating around~

That is not knowledge~ that is being a parrot.
                      why are you trying to claim you are knowledgeable and then at the very same time trying to proclaim carlos rios a top 10 caliber fighter? i base my opinion on his resume. it sucks. hard. i don't need anyone else's opinion to tell me it sucks. i can see it sucks for myself. i don't need to watch him fight because i know he's gonna lose if he's fighting anyone with a pulse. you think its fabulous for some reason even though he lost every time he stepped up and you are pretending you saw a bunch of his fights when the only fights that were televised would be the ones where he was brought in as the opponent and lost. face it you are defending these guys because mayweather fought them and if mayweather fought them they must be good!

Comment

Working...
                      X