Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder vs Stiverne purses (Stiverne won't get the step-aside money)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Correct. Which is why he agreed to step aside.

Stiverne kept insisting that he'd never step aside for any amount of money, but in the end he agreed to step aside because he was offered more to fight Breazeale than he would make fighting Wilder.
    Ok that makes sense, thanks and appreciate your way of discussing boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Ok that makes sense, thanks and appreciate your way of discussing boxing.
      Not a problem. It's nice to be able to have a civilized discussion between two reasonable adults. Very rare on this site unfortunately.

Comment

Not a problem. It's nice to be able to have a civilized discussion between two reasonable adults. Very rare on this site unfortunately.
        You're a solid poster, are you an insider (if you chose to stay anonymous I understand)?

Also, why no love for the WBO?

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          You're a solid poster, are you an insider (if you chose to stay anonymous I understand)?

Also, why no love for the WBO?
          This account is operated by three previous boxingscene posters. One of us has ties to the WBC, one of us has ties to the WBA and one of us has ties to the IBF, so we decided that it made more sense to share one account since so many of our posts involved sanctioning body politics.

Two of us work in the industry currently and one of us worked in the industry previously.

None of us have ties to the WBO, which is why we didn't include them in our name when creating the account.

But further, none of us believe the WBO should have ever been recognized and all of us believe it would benefit the sport if the WBO was de-recognized.

First of all, the WBO was literally founded by the WBA's disgraced bribe taker after he was publicly outed and shunned by the industry for being the brains behind the WBA's blatant bribery operation. So it would be like if Bob Lee had started a new sanctioning body after getting kicked out of the IBF for taking bribes. Why would you recognize the new body created by the disgraced bribe taker of the old body?

Second of all, the WBO has never been a true world body and is essentially the puppet of Bob Arum and Frank Warren, who at all times control the vast majority of WBO champions. It is their in house title and as long as the WBO is recognized, it allows them to hide their fighters from the fights the public really wants to see.

Third, the WBO has never at any point been considered the true world championship of boxing and at best has only ever been "one" of the titles. This is counter productive on every level. Joshua and Wilder should be considered the undisputed champion of the world if they unify the WBC, WBA and IBF titles. Why should the WBO be allowed to "dispute" it when nobody considers their title on par with the others? Joseph Parker is relegated to fighting on youtube, fighting on tape delay, or not being shown in the US at all. That's the championship of the world? How can it be the championship of the world when the world clearly doesn't agree?

Comment

This account is operated by three previous boxingscene posters. One of us has ties to the WBC, one of us has ties to the WBA and one of us has ties to the IBF, so we decided that it made more sense to share one account since so many of our posts involved sanctioning body politics.

Two of us work in the industry currently and one of us worked in the industry previously.

None of us have ties to the WBO, which is why we didn't include them in our name when creating the account.

But further, none of us believe the WBO should have ever been recognized and all of us believe it would benefit the sport if the WBO was de-recognized
            Not to hijack this thread but what are your thoughts (and I'm asking the account holders collectively) on consolidating the three sanctioning bodies as a way to completely marginalize the WBO/IBO? Surely three established organizations uniting as one would simplify rankings and enforce compelling best vs best fights for boxing fans. We've heard the WBA is on a mission to remove redundant titles in all weight classes, but has there ever been discussions among your organizations about a merger?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              I'm not a big Joshua fan you silly ****. When i see ridiculous hype and bull**** i just feel the need to point it out. Wilder has done nothing to deserve the hype he's been getting the last few months.
              What ever ............ pointed out all your bs not gonna keep doing it.

Comment

$506,250 to fight vs $675,000 not to fight...seems kind of weird.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                  Not to hijack this thread but what are your thoughts (and I'm asking the account holders collectively) on consolidating the three sanctioning bodies as a way to completely marginalize the WBO/IBO? Surely three established organizations uniting as one would simplify rankings and enforce compelling best vs best fights for boxing fans. We've heard the WBA is on a mission to remove redundant titles in all weight classes, but has there ever been discussions among your organizations about a merger?
                  Not an expert in anyway, but I wish this were possible, bro! I think there should be a unified (single) ranking system almost like it is done for K1, but not where the champion gets beat and is still #1. What I mean is a hybrid. You beat the champion - obviously you are now the new champion. If you are #1, #2, etc., you fight people below you or at best the champion. I don't think anyone who is not in the top 5 should fight for the championship unless the rest of those guys are not available or injured. I think all 3 belt organization can consolidate and just charge more - that way they all get paid but we the fans get what we want in terms of consistency in who fights who, and in determining who the real champion is.

Comment

But further, none of us believe the WBO should have ever been recognized and all of us believe it would benefit the sport if the WBO was de-recognized.

First of all, the WBO was literally founded by the WBA's disgraced bribe taker after he was publicly outed and shunned by the industry for being the brains behind the WBA's blatant bribery operation. So it would be like if Bob Lee had started a new sanctioning body after getting kicked out of the IBF for taking bribes. Why would you recognize the new body created by the disgraced bribe taker of the old body?

Second of all, the WBO has never been a true world body and is essentially the puppet of Bob Arum and Frank Warren, who at all times control the vast majority of WBO champions. It is their in house title and as long as the WBO is recognized, it allows them to hide their fighters from the fights the public really wants to see.

Third, the WBO has never at any point been considered the true world championship of boxing and at best has only ever been "one" of the titles. This is counter productive on every level. Joshua and Wilder should be considered the undisputed champion of the world if they unify the WBC, WBA and IBF titles. Why should the WBO be allowed to "dispute" it when nobody considers their title on par with the others? Joseph Parker is relegated to fighting on youtube, fighting on tape delay, or not being shown in the US at all. That's the championship of the world? How can it be the championship of the world when the world clearly doesn't agree?
                    That's just hope the IBO don't start getting any more press.It drives me nuts whenever a writer and site name them.If they just ignored them like they used to with WBO they would just go away but its these writer and websites that are to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by THC View Post
                      Never happens too bad though.They are WAY to greedy to split up money.

Comment

Working...
                      X