Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN's Entry Into Boxing Creates Healthy Broadcaster Competition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    That's the problem though...

A larger percentage of the population than you think still isn't aware of the technical possibilities, and will disregard DAZN as a result.

u must be living under a rock

watching tv on apps is very popular now days fyi

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post

The most popular apps people use to watch on their TV's are apps that come pre-installed on the TV like Netflix & Hulu. When you have to start connecting other devices to your tv, phones & laptops, or buying other products, chromecast & phone to hdmi converters, you're going to lose a lot of people.

Comment

How is Joshua the biggest name in boxing? just because England has no other decent boxers in heavyweight, which is why wembley gets sold out with Joshua, doesn't mean he is the biggest name out there.

Comment

I never said it wasn't popular. Calm down and read my post before responding with tripe.

What I said was that a larger number of people than that poster thought aren't aware of what is and isn't possible. We've got an example of one such poster in here, who isn't aware you can cast videos from phone apps to the TV. I've seen a couple of other posters here who weren't aware. That sort of ignorance is a problem for services like DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            I understand the concept but with Netflix you can watch it on your TV. With this app you won’t be able to have fight parties. You can’t invite friends over and bust out your phone and start watching a fight.
            Wrong. You can watch it on your TV. You don't need to watch it just on your phone or computer. Just need a ROKU or Chromecast and you are set.

Comment

Sorry, double post.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                I never said it wasn't popular. Calm down and read my post before responding with tripe.

What I said was that a larger number of people than that poster thought aren't aware of what is and isn't possible. We've got an example of one such poster in here, who isn't aware you can cast videos from phone apps to the TV. I've seen a couple of other posters here who weren't aware. That sort of ignorance is a problem for services like DAZN.
                im very calm m8

wow one poster isnt aware of streaming on ur tv that must mean its a huge problem !

its popular and only going to grow

people said netflix was a fad and it ended up being the death of video stores

there are problems with dazn in boxing but being a streaming service isnt one of them , at least not within their aims

getting rights is the problem imo

be calm bro

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  The most popular apps people use to watch on their TV's are apps that come pre-installed on the TV like Netflix & Hulu. When you have to start connecting other devices to your tv, phones & laptops, or buying other products, chromecast & phone to hdmi converters, you're going to lose a lot of people.
                  its an age thing

most folks 50 and up are not really educated on the streaming player/apps stuff

Comment

Ahhh.. The sweet smell of capitalism in the morning (Sips coffee).

But this is true. Having different options makes boxing more competitive because now networks are having to appease a public that may not want to shell over money for their app if it's not giving them what they want and if Joe Schmo is giving them a better product they'll go with them . So yes if you want to follow boxing entirely it'll be pricey but if a network isn't producing good cards, and/or your fighter(s) aren't on the network you may not be inclined to pay.

I also agree that the networks have to at times disengage themselves from the promoters seat and look towards their business needs. Promoter's mentality would be to protect a fighter and have him take calculated risks that oftentimes will give them a high probability of winning, example: Loma/Rigo. But a business executive might see the public demand for a super fight and if it means big money they might be inclined to make it happen sooner rather than later and under more equal terms. I think tune-ups are important but I also think we all want bigger fights to happen more often than not.

Good news as far as boxing goes! Hopefully we'll see it translate into bigger and better fights for us fans that are the ones paying for this stuff.

Comment

im very calm m8

wow one poster isnt aware of streaming on ur tv that must mean its a huge problem !

its popular and only going to grow

people said netflix was a fad and it ended up being the death of video stores

there are problems with dazn in boxing but being a streaming service isnt one of them , at least not within their aims

getting rights is the problem imo

be calm bro
                      No point conversing with you.

Comment

Working...
                      X