No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Ready For Beltran-Pedraza Winner in December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    Linares is a very mediocre fighter. He would've lost to any of the other top guys here stateside. He has a resume full of no-name competition. He was hiding in UK fighting Euro level guys for a reason. I'm a little concerned that you referred to him as an "unbelievable boxer" lol

Loma's best win is Gary Russell Jr.
    I think that Linares could probably have beaten Easter. Also, you are right about GRJ although Loma did also beat and make quit an undefeated Nicholas Walters so some may consider that his biggest win.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillie View Post
      I think that Linares could probably have beaten Easter. Also, you are right about GRJ although Loma did also beat and make quit an undefeated Nicholas Walters so some may consider that his biggest win.
      I have a YouTube debate from several years ago where me and this much older guy were discussing how Arum would put Walters on the shelf and then put him in against Loma after a long layoff then scrap him.

The older gentleman was walking me through a history of the same process over and over for Arum fighters. When the Walters v. Loma fight took place, I was a little disgusted because I knew what happened.

Not saying Loma isn't the better fighter (because he is) but I think sometimes we forget how much goes into a fight.

Another example is Gamboa. His career was basically ended by Crawford in a fight that he took on short notice that wasn't even sanctioned. But fans don't talk about those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        Linares wasn't much better than Beltran if we're being honest. They have very similar careers.
        not really, Linares was an early champion who suffered a few defeats and then went on a decent championship run in his 30s, including a win over a highly touted gold medal olympian

Beltran is more of a lightweight contender who managed to get a few decent wins very late in his career, probably due to experience, and managed to get a gift win during his title shot against Moses.

Comment

Originally posted by ThelronMike View Post
          not really, Linares was an early champion who suffered a few defeats and then went on a decent championship run in his 30s, including a win over a highly touted gold medal olympian

Beltran is more of a lightweight contender who managed to get a few decent wins very late in his career, probably due to experience, and managed to get a gift win during his title shot against Moses.
          Point taken on the career arc, however you seem to agree that on paper things are close.

Comment

Is this the same Pedraza who lost to Davis?

Comment

Originally posted by Usetoloveboxing View Post
              Is this the same Pedraza who lost to Davis?
              Looked on box rec, it is the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I can't believe they would rather this fight over a fight with Manny Pacquiao! I understand Manny would be bigger, but he's older and slower, and at 40, he would be dropping down 7lbs.! If you don't like 140, negotiate! How about 138? This walks like it, and talks like it...but there's still hope. Pacquiao vs. Lomachenko! Make it happen!
                Unification fight. He's cleaning up the division.

Comment

Unify in December then rack all the belts up next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar View Post
                    Unification fight. He's cleaning up the division.
                    As Floyd, Pacquiao, and Mikey Garcia, have already demonstrated, you can go up, make BIG money, and come back to your division! Pacquiao is HOT right now, coming off a KO win. The money is there for the taking! Where are Beltran and Pedraza going? NOWHERE! They'll still be there in the spring! Manny...maybe not!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      As Floyd, Pacquiao, and Mikey Garcia, have already demonstrated, you can go up, make BIG money, and come back to your division! Pacquiao is HOT right now, coming off a KO win. The money is there for the taking! Where are Beltran and Pedraza going? NOWHERE! They'll still be there in the spring! Manny...maybe not!
                      As a boxing fan, I'd rather see unifications. I don't care about the money, it's not mine. Not interested in seeing Loma dismantle and beat up an old Pac in a 'passing of the torch' fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X