No announcement yet.

We need to talk about Fentanyl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to talk about Fentanyl

Earlier this week, a semi truck was found with $91 million worth of liquid meth was found (yes, I realize this isn't technically fentanyl).

Yesterday, it was reported that 118lbs. of fentayl was found in a secret compartment of a tractor trailer.

Who are these drivers and what is their connection to these drug operations? Are they even in this country legally?

Last month, I saw a video of a cop having a reaction to fentanyl simply because he had pulled over a couple who had it in there car and the wind must've blown it in his face. His fellow officers had to administer Narcan to him.

And Carfentanil is 100 times stronger than Fentanyl.

Lethal doses of each:

You'd think that with officers getting affected by drugs like fentanyl while doing searches there would be a greater push to get the Sackler family to trial or just seize all of their assets. I say Sackler family and nobody knows what I am talking about because nobody knows how to connect the dots.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...empire-of-pain

Purdue Pharma--the makers of Oxycontin + Sackler family = this result. You know, Oxy, the drug that started this whole opioid mess. Look at the upward trend for opioid sales in this country over the past 20 years and it will startle you. And look at the overdose deaths, and it will haunt you.

Now it is more difficult to get Oxycontin, so, what do people do? They find alternatives. So, people move to heroin, but, how many addicts are getting pure heroin? Probably not many (Psst, people aren't even really making heroin anymore because it isn't as lucrative). Because it's expensive. In the U.S., a kilo of heroin will fetch $60K and when it's cut it'll have a street value of a couple hundred thousand dollars. Enter fentanyl, which costs three to four thousand dollars/kilo to produce. And that kilo of fentanyl can yield between 16 and 24 kilos of drug product and have a street value of around $1.3 million. Do the math.

And where is it coming from? China. Mexican cartels either get the finished product or the precursor chemicals and manufacture it themselves. Or it gets mailed thru USPS. And now there are pill-pressing operations in the U.S. to make these drugs look like Oxy. Basically, people don't know what they are taking and even the dealers don't know what they are dealing.

China's Drug Bazaar--really good read:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-drug-kingpins

Trump says they are going to spend billions on opioid addiction but I'm not sure if the finer details have been laid out. I think he needs to give ultimatums to China and Mexico and even Canada, that if even one more drop of the stuff (fentanyl) makes its way into the U.S., there will be GRAVE consequences. If the U.S. needs fentanyl, then we can make it here with the strictest of regulations. Stop bringing it in from China. Unless you want to start seeing cops drop dead from doing basic car searches and having the wind blow the wrong direction.

If Trump wants to start enacting death penalties, he can start with China and Mexico. And if "I" were president, well...let's just say I know how to cut off the head. I could cure all of these ills coming from Mexico and China in a relatively short time I believe and give some of our new F35's some exercise, in addition to our Navy fleet.

Great thread. Fentanyl is way more lethal than heroin. I believe it is used to tranquilize elephants. Bad shyt. Another gift that keeps on giving from China and Mexico. Once upon a time China had a serious opiate problem. They fixed the problem by executing anyone caught selling or using it. Obviously we won’t take that approach here in the states, but something drastic must be done.

Comment

Scary! Synthetic opioids are super dangerous.
      Cutting those products requires a hood, and a positive pressure hazmat suit.

Comment

The idea of something that small killing you is kinda spooky.

Whenever I see that image I always wonder how users of this drug exist. Doesn't it seem like it would only cater to complete degenerate drug users, who are careless and would likely to OD right away considering it's lethal in such small amounts?

Comment

A buddy of mine is a pretty bright chemist. He got his PhD in Chemistry while we were at the same university. Anyway, a few years later he come down with cancer, and his health insurance won't pay for it. So he used his chemistry skills to start cooking meth. He ended up making some of the best meth in the American southwest. Damn near got caught by the DEA.

Comment

ur right about the elephants. so, we really need to have it shipped to us cause of that? erroneous. that bloomberg article is scary. it makes me believe the chinese gov't knows exactly what is going on. trump needs to start issuing ultimatums.

Comment

They really need to start pushing medicinal pot in the U.S. and get away from these senseless opioids.

Comment

they dont know what they are getting, bro. even the dealers dont know what they are dealing. everyone thinks they are dealing with legit pharmaceutical opioids because they are made to look like them by pill press operations.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  A buddy of mine is a pretty bright chemist.
                  he should have his own netflix special

Comment

Working...
                  X