Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to win Fighter of the Decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to win Fighter of the Decade?

Who's gonna win it? I thought that it would be Andre Ward. But Ward "prematurely" cut his own career off, in the last 2 years of the decade. Along with having a 2 year layoff due to injuries and promotional issues, this cut his decade off by 4 years.

This leaves the award opened for someone like Canelo Alvarez, who starting in 2013, has fought nothing but opponents that fans wanted him to fight: Mayweather, Cotto, Lara, Golovkin x2, Trout. Along with lesser, but still big name fighters like Chavez Jr, Angulo, Kirkland, and Khan. There is no one that fans btched about that he has to fight, that he didn't fight, AT the time they were btching about it.

Canelo Alvarez is the clear favorite to win FOTD imo. No doubt.

Poll coming.
    Canelo
    39.02%
    Ward
    4.88%
    Mayweather
    17.07%
    Pacquiao
    2.44%
    Lomachenko
    17.07%
    Crawford
    2.44%
    Cotto
    0.00%
    Golovkin
    0.00%
    R. Gonzalez
    0.00%
    Adrien Broner
    17.07%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by -Kev-; 10-16-2018, 03:59 PM.

If Loma picks up another title or 2 before 2020 while fighting Mikey I believe he should be a contender.

Comment

Ive said it before they should just scrap it this decade cause noone deserves it. If i had to pick one id say mayweather and he only fought for half of it and wasnt even in his peak years

Comment

It doesn't really work for me because there was a generational shift in fighters about 2 years ago. So, this chops off many greats, but includes guys like Canelo who haven't really done anything amazing.

Comment

I'm cool with Larry but that Broner thread is never going to die.

Anyway, I think Lomachenko or Crawford.

Comment

I'd say it's neck and neck between Broner and Salka.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              I'm cool with Larry but that Broner thread is never going to die.

Anyway, I think Lomachenko or Crawford.
              That's an infamous thread but tbh, any poster who gave his prediction at that time would've been wrong. The guys who are popular right now and are in the running right now were unexpected.

I expected Ward to be a major player until the end of the decade, he is 34 now and already retired. I also expected Bradley to try and stay for long enough to have a chance to win it, he retired a couple years ago at 32. And so on. So honestly everyone was wrong. Sure, Broner was the "dead wrong" choice, but everyone was wrong tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                That's an infamous thread but tbh, any poster who gave his prediction at that time would've been wrong. The guys who are popular right now and are in the running right now were unexpected.

I expected Ward to be a major player until the end of the decade, he is 34 now and already retired. I also expected Bradley to try and stay for long enough to have a chance to win it, he retired a couple years ago at 32. And so on. So honestly everyone was wrong. Sure, Broner was the "dead wrong" choice, but everyone was wrong tbh.

ward is at least still in the running. his wins over kovalev and coming out of the super six with one of the best records at SMW of all time definitely put him in the running. i'm also not sold on him being done just yet!

whereas broner had tough fights with ponce, granados, malignaggi, jesse vargas, basically everybody. and he has three losses, including getting his f#cking ass kicked out of the ring by maidana.

i would have picked ward, mid decade, for instance, and i wouldn't certainly have been dead wrong.

my pick at the moment probably goes to mayweather, but as others have said, this has been an incredibly weak era, and the quality of fighters seems to be going down due to the way these guys are moved and how inactive they are.

Comment

Crawford if he beats Spence if not then it will be the Lomachenko if he beats Mikey Garcia. If non of those 2 happened then it will be Canelo.

Comment

Mayweather deserved it last decade and deserves it this decade.

Comment

Working...
                    X