Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serena loses another final and throws another Diva Fit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont have a problem when an athlete loses their mind and does something dumb. Anyone who has ever competed in anything has done it.

But it's when she starts saying " is it because I'm a woman"

B1tch shut up. You already lost your integrity when your coach says they have been cheating the whole time. And how is the guy being sexist by penalizing a woman when it favors...another woman?
    Serena go to bed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight Up View Post

blacks play the victim all the time when they are not on a winning end then blame it on the white man.
      Holy fvvvck. Really?

I don't even think she mentioned race in this whole thing, did she? the other chick was half Haitian.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Holy fvvvck. Really?

I don't even think she mentioned race in this whole thing, did she? the other chick was half Haitian.
        she didn't have to mention it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          I dont have a problem when an athlete loses their mind and does something dumb. Anyone who has ever competed in anything has done it.

But it's when she starts saying " is it because I'm a woman"

B1tch shut up. You already lost your integrity when your coach says they have been cheating the whole time. And how is the guy being sexist by penalizing a woman when it favors...another woman?
          Serena go to bed.

I don't know if it was sexism. I do think there is a double standard when there comes to men and women and how they are dealt with, but I think it's a bit deeper than that with Serena.

Honestly, I think it's just because people don't like her, for a bunch of reasons. I don't think the dislike for her comes from her being a woman, and in this case at least I don't think it had anything to do with her being black. I think it's just that she has a target on her because she's the premier player in the game, she's a bigger girl so I think people are tougher on her for that reason, and her past tantrums/reputation make her not so likable. So somewhat, it is her own fault. I just get the feeling that if she was a little prissy darling that she wouldn't have things like this happen to her. Lots of American fans often rooted for European players over her. I think that had a lot to do with racism or just rooting for someone who "looks like you" that we all get caught up in, but it's not all because of racism. For whatever reason (or I should say, for a bunch of different reasons that are not all always in play), she just isn't so likable, and that seems to be a big problem for her.

Comment

she didn't have to mention it.
            So you are assuming that she blamed it on racism? I'm just trying to understand what you are trying to say.

Comment

So you are assuming that she blamed it on racism? I'm just trying to understand what you are trying to say.
              for all the sentences i made that's the only one you noticed?

Comment

for all the sentences i made that's the only one you noticed?
                I highlighted the one that stood out to me, dude. I thought that made it obvious.

"blacks play the victim all the time when they are not on a winning end then blame it on the white man."

Seems like a big generalization to me.

Comment

I highlighted the one that stood out to me, dude. I thought that made it obvious.

"blacks play the victim all the time when they are not on a winning end then blame it on the white man."

Seems like a big generalization to me.
                  i just call it like it is.

Comment

i just call it like it is.
                    You have any examples to back up that claim? Should be plenty when "blacks play the victim all the time and blame the white man when they lose."

Comment

You have any examples to back up that claim? Should be plenty when "blacks play the victim all the time and blame the white man when they lose."
                      let me know first if you're either white or black before i waste my time.

Comment

Working...
                      X