No announcement yet.

Why do Americans support robberies on their own soil but

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Americans support robberies on their own soil but

Any time there is a wide scorecard in the UK they go nuts, i recall the Josh Taylor fight where he legit beat Postal but the scorecards were very wide.

I remember there were literally hundreds of comments on how terrible it was....'never fight in Scotland again' etc regardless of the fact the right man clearly won.

But the same people are now posting 'stop crying' at anyone being critical of the judges in two fights where Canelo should have 2 defeats or at the very least 1 defeat and 1 draw.

Comment

Most Boxing "fans" in general are casuals and idiots. Most see what they want to see and have their story or narrative filled out before the fights even if they don't even watch it.

Comment

that fight last weekend cant be called a robbery at all..how the hell was it a robbery?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          that fight last weekend cant be called a robbery at all..how the hell was it a robbery?
          Was the wrong result though...twice.

I have seen Americans crying robbery over much less when their fighter has been beaten I think that is the point the OP is getting at.

Comment

WTF... Lol. in case you weren't paying attention, that's the nature of the sports fan, world-wide. People freak out about it happening in the UK because it nearly always goes to the HOMETOWN GUY.
            In the US, the robberies get shared equally with people of all nations.
            Doesn't make them ok, but let's not pretend this is somehow forgiven in the states. If anything, people notice them more. Do you not see tons of Americans in here talking about this weekend's fight? And that wasn't even a true robbery, even though I think it was wrong.

Comment

wow this fight really brought out the hidden bias in a lot of posters i once thought of as levelheaded. FFS how did GGG even get close to a win? and there's a MASSIVE difference between the UK and US when it comes to judging fights....i've seen so many foreign fighters stopped in the uk when the guy was barely hurt....and im in the uk

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                wow this fight really brought out the hidden bias in a lot of posters i once thought of as levelheaded. FFS how did GGG even get close to a win? and there's a MASSIVE difference between the UK and US when it comes to judging fights....i've seen so many foreign fighters stopped in the uk when the guy was barely hurt....and im in the uk
                The UK, especially Hearn shows are disgusting in regards to robberies i never said they wernt. most of them however are on a small scale and on undercards.

In the U.S robberies and corruption is on the biggest scale and fights, yet excused by the usual suspects and almost accepted as the norm.

Im not going to endlessly argue with you or anyone else about how many polls and people and media people scored the fight for golovkin because its a waste of time.
                I can simple prove it was a robbery with one sentence:

Live odds in the 12th round had golovkin a 1/12 favorite.

Comment

People who cry & make threads like this about close fights are hilarious.

A- troll thread brother. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwingbombs View Post
                    Was the wrong result though...twice.

I have seen Americans crying robbery over much less when their fighter has been beaten I think that is the point the OP is getting at.
                    i don't think it was the wrong result the first fight yes this one no

Comment

Working...
                    X