Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any AJ fanboy here willing to admit that they undersold Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    But that's not how Wilder and Finkel operate, is it. When they really - no really - want to get a fight done, they make offers via public posts on social media, yeah?
    They'd been trying to privately make the fight, only for Joshua to go public that he thought they were lying about the fight being worth 100 million.

So they publicly called Joshua's bluff and guaranteed him 50 million up front.

Sometimes when the other party isn't operating in good faith, you try to play their game.

In the end it didn't matter because they learned Joshua's fans will believe anything Hearn says, so it wasn't a battle worth fighting. Hearn will always win the PR battle because UK fans root for UK fighters no matter what and support UK fighters no matter what. US boxing is very different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
      So during the "negotiations" with Wilder for the 15 mil offer Hearn said I'd rather take the Povetkin fight?
      Hearn was very open about his preference that the Povetkin fight take place first, giving more time to build the Wilder fight. Hearn is a smart promoter. He knows you do the lesser fight first and the bigger fight second. It's common sense. It would have been very stupid to do the Wilder fight first.

But Wilder is an emotional guy and just wanted Joshua next, smart business move or not. Hearn did the right thing by doing Povetkin first. Hearn did the smart thing by manipulating fans into thinking Wilder was at fault. It would have been crazy to do Joshua vs. Wilder in September 2018 instead of stalling for another year or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
        They'd been trying to privately make the fight, only for Joshua to go public that he thought they were lying about the fight being worth 100 million.

So they publicly called Joshua's bluff and guaranteed him 50 million up front.

Sometimes when the other party isn't operating in good faith, you try to play their game.

In the end it didn't matter because they learned Joshua's fans will believe anything Hearn says, so it wasn't a battle worth fighting. Hearn will always win the PR battle because UK fans root for UK fighters no matter what and support UK fighters no matter what. US boxing is very different.
        You don't know anything about good faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          You don't know anything about good faith.
          I'm the one trying to have a civil, logical, productive discussion with you. Answering your points without any name calling or sarcasm.

You on the other hand chose to ignore all of my points when they didn't favor your position, to instead attack me personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holler View Post
            Hearn was quite specific in saying that Wilder's fight with Fury had raised his profile which in turn would be reflected in the offer he made to him.

He separately said that AJ was willing to have the first fight in the US which again changed the amount the fight would generate and in turn impacted on what they could offer Wilder.

He didn't say the previous offers were lowballs and of course if Wilder really did accept that 15m offer, or at least claim to, then he must've felt it was a fair offer too at the time.

this is actually a particularly dumb post

in light of the previous few pages

Hearn slipped up and admitted that Wilder was worth 35% to Joshua BEFORE the Fury fight..... NOT after

I have proven that many times..... so, yea..... dumb

Wilder just got offered 120mil..... and Hearn admitted that Wilder was worth 35% BEFORE he fought Fury..... so you would have to be a right muppet to deny that 12m was a lowball

Wilder accepted that fight out of desperation, and because he was supremely confident..... he bet on himself

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              100 mil not enough. you relentlessly accused AJ of ducking the fight for turning down half that...even tho it was never proven the "offer" was even legit. it's funny how you've deleted that from your narrative and shifted back to other reasons why AJ "ducked" wilder. I get it tho, it doesn't quite reconcile in the mind if you accuse one guy of ducking for turning down 50 and not the other guy for turning down 100. interesting that now is the time for wilder to finally take a stand against hearn's BS...not when he allegedly accepted the 15 mil "lowball", but now in the face of 100 mil.

apparently not.....

"If it rolls out the ways I think it’ll roll out, Wilder will make a lot more than the $100 million or $120 million that Eddie [Hearn] was talking about"
              https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-hay...n-deal--137310

the point is..... how the fcuk would you know ?

fans/kids seem to think that they are a participating entity when it comes to fight negotiations..... but they really aren't

btw, this is how life works.....

you will ALWAYS be better off controlling your own destiny, than jumping in bed with a team who just wasted months of your time with disingenuous negotiations

Comment

• I wonder if the earlier lowballs, pen-losing, and lies, from Eddie Hearn..... had any impact on Team Wilder's decision to keep faith with the two guys (Haymon/Espinoza) who guided Floyd Mayweather's career?

nah, that couldn't be it

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  apparently not.....

"If it rolls out the ways I think it’ll roll out, Wilder will make a lot more than the $100 million or $120 million that Eddie [Hearn] was talking about"
                  https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-hay...n-deal--137310

the point is..... how the fcuk would you know ?

fans/kids seem to think that they are a participating entity when it comes to fight negotiations..... but they really aren't

btw, this is how life works.....

you will ALWAYS be better off controlling your own destiny, than jumping in bed with a team who just wasted months of your time with disingenuous negotiations
                  the bold applies to you...or is it somehow different when you argue about this ****? I mean, what if hearn said something like that? you'd be all over him saying he's ducking. just remember how dumb you thought the arguments from AJ fans about not accepting the alleged 50 mil offer were...now apply that to the things you're saying about wilder turning down 100-120 mil.

I don't see wilder getting a deal the same or better than 100-120mil, unless he fights AJ a couple times, which would presumably happen on dazn anyway.

i'll pass on the "this is how life works" advice form the likes of you, thanks. you need therapy.

Comment

• You can't blame AJ fans. Their figures were based on how much he makes under Haymon.
                    So blame Haymon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
                      Hearn was very open about his preference that the Povetkin fight take place first, giving more time to build the Wilder fight. Hearn is a smart promoter. He knows you do the lesser fight first and the bigger fight second. It's common sense. It would have been very stupid to do the Wilder fight first.

But Wilder is an emotional guy and just wanted Joshua next, smart business move or not. Hearn did the right thing by doing Povetkin first. Hearn did the smart thing by manipulating fans into thinking Wilder was at fault. It would have been crazy to do Joshua vs. Wilder in September 2018 instead of stalling for another year or two.
                      Your referring to old comments months before and it wasn't even the Povetkin fight they were talking about. You've said this rubbish all before. Things change the fights gonna be in America now that DAZN started offering silly money to everyone something they weren't doing at the time of the 15 mil.

Comment

Working...
                      X